NorthFarm

When you delete a thought the thought that gets activated instead is not the last activated but the one before.
I mostly arrive to the thought that I want to delete via its parent. If I delete this thought it is not the parent that becomes the new activated thought, which seems to be the most logical to me, instead its the thought that was active before I activated the parent. Often this jump is made through instant activate so you end up (back) in an entirely other part of your Brain that you were.

Hope anyone can make sense of this, and if you can, please comment what you think.

*** Same issue filed under the 5.5 beta forum / http://thebrain.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3626578 ***

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
Darkstar

I've noticed this long ago, and even reported it. Since they never fixed it, figured it was a low priority item.

I can even GUESS what the code/logic error is. It probably goes like this:

Quote:
{{
    DeleteThought( theDeletedThought );
   SetActiveThought( GetPastThought ( 2 ) );
}}

That is--- they are DELETING the thought, then telling PB to go back 2 thoughts and set that to the Active Thought. At one point, they probably had the code the other way around (so they'd activate the new Active Thought, and then deleted the marked deleted thought) but swapped it around to make it look better in the Plex animation or clearer in the code what is going on--- and so now they are going 1 thought too far back.

It is the common way that happens--- the slightly less common way is that the function being called to set the active focus has changed its indexing scheme from a base 1 to base 0 (that is--- they used to start with the first item being "1", but switched it to being "0", which is what most computer based systems use for their first digit of counting).
-Darkstar
Darkstar

Hey, I've made that sort of mistake many times, so I can easily understand how someone else might have ended up with that sort of bug.

-Darkstar
NorthFarm

By the way this got fixed in 5.5.0.7.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software