Kriggel23
In the example below, I tried to create a child thought for the thought "lat. agaricales". Note: the cursor is somewhere on the blue, it does NOT hover over any of the thoughts displayed, especially NOT over the thought "lat. clavariaceae".
I pressed alt-cmd-v ...

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-15 um 11.53.26.png 

I faced this multiple times today, and TB9 crashed in this context/situation as well.

Workaround here: I cancel the create new thought dialog with Esc, press left (green circle appears on "lat. agaricales"), and create child thought as desired...

Kriggel23

mcaton
Wow! Thanks for posting.  The screenshot was originally a bit puzzling, but I noticed that your Thought "lat. agaricales" is a Thought Type.  So it seems that the bug is specifically "using keyboard shortcuts to create a new Child Thought on a Thought Type (when your last thought activated is one of it's children) will create the child thought off that last activated Thought." 

Documenting.

Thanks, 
Matt
Harlan
Fixed in 9.0.136. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
Matt,

well, yes and no:
mcaton wrote:
[...] but I noticed that your Thought "lat. agaricales" is a Thought Type. [...]

In this specific case and example, "lat. agaricales" is not a thought type, but was added to the selection list (indicated by the border). But, there you are, I indeed tried before and after the event documented above to create a new (child) thought on a thought type - and had quite the same effect as shown above.

Kriggel23
mcaton
I realized after posting that the outline was a bit different from a Thought Type outline.  Non the less, this led us to a key fix in the most recent release.  Thanks again for posting and 9.0.136 is out now.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software