Steeph
I use the Advanced Tool Layout with all panes unpinned (collapsed) to the right of the Plex as you can see in the screenshot.

Now when I press F5 to display the Notes pane the focus is not set correctly. I don't know where it is, but I have to press Shift-Tab to get the cursor in the pane so I can start typing or select some text for Copy and Paste somewhere else. Quite annoying.

This is related to the unpinned status of the ATL though. If I pin the Notes pane to the Plex the focus is set immediately to the Pane itself and I can start typing right away. See 2nd screenshot.

Could this be fixed please? Should be fairly trivial I'd expect.
Thanks!
Click image for larger version - Name: Pinned.png, Views: 87, Size: 5.02 KB Click image for larger version - Name: ATL.png, Views: 88, Size: 15.11 KB
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
Moe
Steeph, Thanks for posting. You are right, after pressing F5 to display the Notes pane, the focus seems to be elsewhere. As you stated, you can press Shift+Tab to put focus back to the Notes pane. You can also press F5 once more to set focus back. I have put in a request with the developers to change this behavior so that focus is set automatically upon pressing F5 to bring the notes pane out of Auto-hide.

Best regards,
Moe

Steeph
Moe wrote:
You can also press F5 once more to set focus back. I have put in a request with the developers to change this behavior so that focus is set automatically upon pressing F5 to bring the notes pane out of Auto-hide.

That's a better work around until it's fixed.

Thanks Moe!
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
jostber
I have wished for the same here, would be useful.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software