Gondwana

Hi

Im using thebrain on a surface 3 and all fonts look so pixelated, even in the notes window. Can this be cured?

Thanks
Olivier

pthompson
Oliver,

Is it only on your Surface 3 that this is occurring? Have you tried any other devices? Can you also share a screenshot so we can share with our engineers what you're seeing? Thanks.
Gondwana
Hi, thanks for your reply. I attach two images, both a crop of about 500x500 pixels from thebrain and explorer. Explorer looks very sharp, whereas thebrain is washed out with cleartype on and pixelated with cleartype off.
thanks for watching. Olivier explorer surface3.jpg  brain surface 3.jpg 
pthompson
Oliver,

Thanks for the image, but I still have the other questions: Is it only on your Surface 3 that this is occurring? Have you tried any other devices?
Gondwana
Looks like this is especially a surface 3 issue. Also in installing dialogs the font inside the window (not on top) looks blurry....
Gondwana
Wohooowww... in the process of this post I investigated and here is the solution:

http://pureinfotech.com/2014/08/21/make-windows-desktop-apps-look-better-high-dpi-displays-blurry-fonts/

Disabling scaling with high dpi displays makes thebrain look georgous on my brandnew surface 3. With this combo a sientists dream comes true, for which I waited now a long time: Onenote, Drawboard and TheBrain, yes!

Thanks Patrick!
Best Regards
Olivier
pthompson
Olivier,

Thank you for sharing. I will add this to my Brain in case the questions comes up again. [smile]

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software