jhelewa
I thought I'd share how I've been using TheBrain for software development across multiple projects.  Perhaps there are others out there like me who typically use a myriad of scripts, tools, IDEs, and test applications during their development process. Maybe this approach will work for you.

Step 1) Thought:  Typically I create a "Project name" thought and attach my project folder to it.  The notepad serves as my TO-DO list for the project.

Step 2) Children: Project Specific scripts and references are children.

Ant scripts, documents and other project specific items are linked as child thoughts below the "Project name".  I like creating "bat" file wrappers over my ant tasks and I typically have them automatically close after a wait period,  this reduces many DOS prompts from cluttering my display. 

Step 3) Jumps: Applications, tools, and references not specific to the project are jumps. Most of my applications and tools are organized elsewhere in TheBrain as a categorized replacements for the Windows Start menu.   For each project I create "Jumps" to the shortcut applications I typically use during development of the project (e.g.:  Eclipse, DBVisualizer, Weblogic admin URL, etc...).

In summary, TheBrain helps me reduce shortcut clutter on my display, provides a quick launch pad for tools I frequently use, and helps me remember where I left off when switching between tasks.   I've been using it daily for years now.

Click image for larger version - Name: TheBrain.JPG, Views: 393, Size: 132.97 KB
JosefBetancourt
Same here.  Using it for years for "project dev".   I mentioned it here too.
I also have ssh clients, ftp sites, other developers, API, repositories, IP addresses, etc.  

What I don't use too much is the Brain's notepad.   Instead, I use links to inidividual TiddlyWiki files as notes.   With TiddlyWiki's 'journal' feature, which allows the creation of blog-like entries, I can even create a lab book  to keep track of configuration steps or debug actions.

- Josef

jhelewa wrote:
I thought I'd share how I've been using TheBrain for software development across multiple projects.  Perhaps there are others out there like me who typically use a myriad of scripts, tools, IDEs, and test applications during their development process. Maybe this approach will work for you.

Step 1) Thought:  Typically I create a "Project name" thought and attach my project folder to it.  The notepad serves as my TO-DO list for the project.

Step 2) Children: Project Specific scripts and references are children.

Ant scripts, documents and other project specific items are linked as child thoughts below the "Project name".  I like creating "bat" file wrappers over my ant tasks and I typically have them automatically close after a wait period,  this reduces many DOS prompts from cluttering my display. 

Step 3) Jumps: Applications, tools, and references not specific to the project are jumps. Most of my applications and tools are organized elsewhere in TheBrain as a categorized replacements for the Windows Start menu.   For each project I create "Jumps" to the shortcut applications I typically use during development of the project (e.g.:  Eclipse, DBVisualizer, Weblogic admin URL, etc...).

In summary, TheBrain helps me reduce shortcut clutter on my display, provides a quick launch pad for tools I frequently use, and helps me remember where I left off when switching between tasks.   I've been using it daily for years now.

Darkstar
I do very similar. PB is a great organizer and quick launcher. Hadn't thought about using TiddlyWiki in that fashion. I'll have to try that out in the future.
-Darkstar

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software