ibsteve
When I attempt to paste formated text into a note it pastes as plain text.

Steve
dyslucksia
Have you unchecked the box in Preferences/Advanced named "Copy/cut/paste notes as text always" ?
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
ibsteve
dyslucksia wrote:
Have you unchecked the box in Preferences/Advanced named "Copy/cut/paste notes as text always" ?

Thank you however it is unchecked. This is the mac version.

Steve
Moe
ibsteve, Please post a sample of the text you are copying and pasting which causes this to happen. Also, please indicate what version of PB you are using. If the text is contained within an attachment you can post the attachment.

Thanks,
Moe
Raycee

I also have the problem that all text formatting is lost when I paste text into a note. Yes, I have unchecked the Preferences box. Would love to see a solution for this annoyance.

Running OS 10.5.6.1 with Personal Brain 5.5.2.0. The text I am currently pasting this from an RTF file.

Ray

Raycee

Here is an example of text from an .rtf which loses its formatting when copy/pasted into a Personal Brain note on my iMac. Frustrating.

Ray

Learning by imagining: How mental imagery training aids perceptual learning

ScienceDaily (Dec. 4, 2009) — Practice makes perfect. But imaginary practice? Elisa Tartaglia of the Laboratory of Psychophysics at Switzerland's Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL) and team show that perceptual learning -- learning by repeated exposure to a stimulus -- can occur by mental imagery as much as by the real thing. The results, published in Current Biology, suggest that thinking about something over and over again could actually be as good as doing it.

Moe
Just tested this in 5.5.2.1 and it is working correctly. If you have not done so, please download and install 5.5.2.1 to see if you still experience this issue.

Best regards,
Moe

Raycee
I've unchecked the copy/cut/paste . . .  box and then tried copy-paste from both .rtf and .pdf files and I still get the plain text result. Using 5.5.2.1 (Dec 9) in Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

A cure please?
Thanks;
Ray
Moe
I ran some further tests and was able to confirm that .rtf files and .pdf's loose formatting upon being pasted into Notes with Copy/cut/paste notes as text always" un-checked. For the time being, you can save your .rtf file as HTML then open the HTML file to copy and paste into Notes. Same goes for PDF's, copy and paste into TextEdit then save as HTML so that you can copy and paste into Notes.

Best regards,
Moe
Raycee
Can anyone suggest how I can generate HTML copies of my .rtf files without recourse to Microsoft Word? Going that route is going to be very troublesome for me.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.
(And Moe, I sure will be glad when this glitch is handled.)

Happy holidays to us all!
Ray
richramos
Quote:
I ran some further tests and was able to confirm that .rtf files and .pdf's loose formatting upon being pasted into Notes with Copy/cut/paste notes as text always" un-checked. For the time being, you can save your .rtf file as HTML then open the HTML file to copy and paste into Notes. Same goes for PDF's, copy and paste into TextEdit then save as HTML so that you can copy and paste into Notes

I'm not sure I'm following the workaround.

• I've copied some formatted text into TextEdit.
  • Saved the text from TextEdit as an HTML file.
  • Re-opened the file in TextEdit 
  • copied the text to the clip board
  • pasted the text into a PB note, same issue.
The only way I can seem to get this to work is if I:
  • Re-open the saved HTML file in Safari.
  • View the HTML source
  • Copy the HTML source to the clipboard
  • Go into PB
  • Change the note View to HTML view
  • Paste the HTML source into 
  • Change the view back to Design
Is that really the recommended workaround?

Moe
Hi Rich,

Thank you for the post. You should be able to copy and paste from the HTML page you saved without having to go into the source. This works fine if you open the page using Firefox then copy and paste. This does not seem to be the case with Safari.

Thanks,
Moe
richramos
Quote:
This works fine if you open the page using Firefox then copy and paste. This does not seem to be the case with Safari.

Ah, that was the bit of missing info needed.  I do not regularly use Firefox and the earlier post didn't mention it.  So yes, copy & paste of formatted text from Firefox into PB does seem to retain the formatting.

-Rich

zenrain
Has this been submitted as a bug? It's still occurring and I can recreate from most (I'm not saying all because I haven't tested all applications, or Firefox) OS X applications. 
Copying formatted text from most applications and pasting into the notes causes it to lose all formatting. This doesn't occur in the Windows version of TheBrain.
macOS 10.14.5
TheBrain 10.0.51
danlandrum
As an example of how this is a workflow slowing problem, I recently completed a course of study that had nicely formatted text for each lesson on a web page. It was easy to copy and paste, but it lost formatting every time. I finally resigned myself to the chore of pasting and reformatting every time so that I could see the major points and definitions. 
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software