reasonablekamikaze
Hey all,

Please feel free to challenge me on these, but here's a few tweaks I think would improve the bullet functionality

1. The bullet points feel tight together. A little too squished. Any chance of more padding/spacing between the bullets, please?
Bullet spacing.png 

2. When indenting the bullets, it'd be nice to have different symbols to represent the levels—like how MS Word is

Bullet indents.png 

3. Think this may be a bug, but when you delete a bullet—instead of deleting the bullet, TB surfaces the markdown * instead. So you have to delete twice to delete one bullet (if that makes sense?!)

4. Drag-and-drop each bullet for easy repositioning. Currently, you'd have to cut the bullet and paste it to it's new position.
metta
Different strokes for different folks, I guess....😉

Just wanted to let TheBrain team know I very much like the default spacing with no paragraph insertions (#1) and the uniform formatting on sub-bullets (#2) -- so if changes are made to these options, could they please be (optional) preference settings?

Thanks,
Metta
ruudhein
Idem. Like as is.
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
mcaton
Thanks for posting.

The extra spacing can be accomplished with a shift+enter.
I'll document your feature request for the variation of indented bullets
Regarding the delete process, the markdown is made up of an asterisk, space and then text... so each component must be deleted.
And finally, the select / move feature request has been documented.

Thank you,
Matt
reasonablekamikaze
Thanks @mcaton !

RE: the extra spacing, one common control I noticed is missing is a 'Line spacing' control.

Could this be added to the enhancements backlog for the notes editor, please? 🙏🏼
Harlan
For line spacing, go to Preferences > Notes. (It is globally set and cannot be adjusted on a per-line basis.)
Regards,
-Harlan
reasonablekamikaze
Harlan wrote:
For line spacing, go to Preferences > Notes. (It is globally set and cannot be adjusted on a per-line basis.)

Ahhh, tucked away in the preferences. Thanks @Harlan !
reasonablekamikaze
Awww man, I hope we get bullet drag-and-drop at some point lol.

I keep going to do it and then realising it's not possible. 😭
sibleyd
Yes, the ability to drag bullets preferably with subordinate bullets also is a big one. Further, collapsing and expanding
metta
+1 for dragging/dropping bullet sets
mcaton
Can you tell me a bit more about the bulleted set d&d request?  Where are you dragging from?

Thanks,
Matt
reasonablekamikaze
mcaton wrote:
Can you tell me a bit more about the bulleted set d&d request?  Where are you dragging from?

Thanks,
Matt

Best demonstrated with a short video. 🙂

One particular use case: If you're a writer and outline you work, this is an essential workflow feature. 🙂

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software