bmac
I had a friend try the free version of the brain and to my surprise the free version does not allow Outlook messages to be dragged into the Plex. So then we tried to drag the Outlook message to the desktop and then from there to drag the message into the Plex. The only thing that happened is that the subject line was used to create the thought name but nothing else (no body of the actual message) was brought in. Very strange.

Is this normal occurrence?
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
pthompson
Bill,

Was he using a Free Edition or a Free Edition - Pro Trial? With the Free Edition - Pro Trial, all Pro features are still enabled so drag and drop should work. 

If it was indeed a Free Edition - Pro Trial being used, please make sure both the 32-bit version of Outlook and TheBrain OR the 64-bit version of Outlook and TheBrain are being used. Both applications need to be the same bit-version or drag and drop will not work. If you have checked this and are still having trouble, this might indicate a problem with the redemption.dll, usually caused when Outlook is still running during the installation of TheBrain. This can, typically, be resolved via re-installation of TheBrain while Outlook is completely closed. If you have already tried that and it still isn't working, you can manually add the redemption.dll within Outlook. To do this

(From Outlook) go to (File > Options > Add ins > Manage COM Add-ins > Go... > Add > ...) and select the redemption.dll file that (for most installs) resides in (C:\Program Files (x86)\TheBrain\bin)
bmac
Patrick - Are you saying if it is simply the free edition, that drag and drop from Outlook is not supported?  What about drag & drop from the desktop?  That also did not work.

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
bmac
I still don't have a reply from Patrick regarding the free version of The Brain version 7. Realizing that messages cannot be dragged directly from Outlook to the Plex, the user First drags the outlook message to her desktop and then drags the message into the plex. The brain completely Strips out the body of the message and only shows the thought with the subject line. Nothing else is there.

This does not seem to be normal operation for the free version. Is it?
Bill
pthompson
Bill,

I apologize for missing your first reply. Yes, Drag & Drop from Outlook in TheBrain Free Edition of TheBrain is not supported. The only Drag & Drop functionality that is supported via TheBrain Free Edition is Drag & Drop of URLs from a web browser. More information on the differences between Free and Pro can be found HERE.
bmac
okay, thank you Patrick.
Bill

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software