Harlan
The time has arrived! TheBrain 9 Preview is here first for forum members. Check out the video, read about the new features, and most importantly try it out for yourself!

http://www.thebrain.com/products/thebrain/thebrain9

Note: You must have an active services subscription to use TheBrain 9 First Look Preview.

The whole team is looking forward to your feedback. Enjoy!
Regards,
-Harlan
danlandrum

The interface is quick, clean, and much more user-intuitive than the previous versions. After just a few minutes it all made sense. There's always the fear that a full re-design will leave veteran users hitting productivity speed bumps. Not so here. (At first I didn't see where to get to reports. Look under the "Report" menu. I initially thought that had to do with reporting bugs in the beta version.) I've been test driving it on my Mac for about an hour, and will give it a try on my PC a little later. 

Love the notes field so far. 

Any hint as to what the "Open Inbox" function will do? Currently, it just displays a pop-up that says "Show Inbox." Well, I'd love to! 

So far I'm loving it, though I've had a few program shutdowns. Let us know how much info you want, and if you want the logs.

OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
advisors
HTTP Response - 500 - InternalServerError

?

https://preview.webbrain.com/

says "Hello, World." [tongue] [smile]

jbaty
Excited to begin testing, however I am seeing "HTTP Response - 500 - InternalServerError" after attempting to log in. Neither preview.webbrain.com or webbrain.com are loading for me currently so it feels like a server needs a kick.

danlandrum
I've been unable, so far, to get the installer to work on Windows 10. Will try and download again.
OSX 10.13 
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
pthompson
Please remember, you need an active services subscription and you need to log in with that account in order to log in to TheBrain 9 First Look Preview
jbaty
Thanks for checking in Patrick, but I'd say it's unlikely a credentials problem, given that none of webbrain.com services seem to be available at the moment. I'm not able to login to TheBrain 8 currently either. (I have an active subscription)

Error_Validating_Account.png 
jbaty
And boom! It's back. (Matt pointed out that it's fixed here: http://forums.thebrain.com/post/welcome-to-thebrain-9-first-look-preview-7840819?trail=#12)

This should be fun.
zenrain
Welp, there went my Saturday... [smile]

macOS 10.14.5
TheBrain 10.0.51
advisors
zenrain wrote:
Welp, there went my Saturday... [smile]

Don't say ...

[smile]
NorthFarm
Now that I can sign in [smile] I went ahead and imported my work brain. But as soon as I try to open it TheBrain crashes.
I tried to make a new brain and that works OK.
... but where do I import a theme? Is that coming later together with the ability to save reports?
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 9.1.9 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_151
mctrexler
Any solution to a failure to install on Windows 10.  I get a warning from Windows, tell it to run the Installer anyway, and nothing else happens.  Have downloaded the installer twice to the same effect.  
danlandrum
I'm having the same problem as mctrexler. I've tried multiple times in multiple ways to install on Windows 10 without success. 
OSX 10.13 
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
pthompson
What is the error message you are receiving? Do you have any 3rd party security software running?
mctrexler
Wasn't getting an error message.  But shutting down security did work.  Hasn't been necessary with prior Brain releases so wasn't thinking about it here.  

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software