Harlan Show full post »
Harlan
TB9 installs itself and an updater. On plain Windows 7/8/10, it should be able to install once you give it permission. As Patrick mentioned, if you have 3rd party anti-virus/security software installed, it should be disabled during the install process or the install will likely fail.
Regards,
-Harlan
PaddyVA
I had no problems with the install on Windows 10; turned off shields in Avast Internet Security for the install. (Windows Firewall comes alive when Avast shields are turned off, but did not cause problem.)

First attempt to import Brain 8 brain seemed to stall about half way; I had turned the Avast shields back on after install.  Turned them off again, (Avast was indicating "deep scan") and redid the import.  Finished OK.

Zenrain -- loved your comment about "there goes your Saturday!"  [biggrin]

Now to dive in!
mctrexler
Note that I'm having to shut down my Avast security software every time I want to open Brain 9.  
mcaton
Mark,

Thanks for mentioning this.  Is there an option in Avast to allow access to TheBrain or other applications?

Thanks,
Matt
PaddyVA
I imported a second brain, this time with Avast shields up, and did not have a problem.  (This time, Avast did not show that it was doing a deep scan.)

I have restarted TB9 twice with my Avast shields up, without problem.  The first time after importing the second brain, Avast popped up a message and said it was scanning the program, which it said would take about 15 seconds, and it did, and then reported that TB was safe. The next time, I restarted, the Avast message did not popup, and TB started OK.

So, Avast is not giving me any real problem.

Pat
PaddyVA
Attached is PNG of the About Avast version I am using -- 11.1.2245.

Avast has a bunch of tools, including customization of the Firewall rules.  See the other two PNGs.

I haven't had to make any adjustments, after letting it do it's initial scans of TB9 and of each brain I imported.

Pat Avast About_2015.12.21_14h13m02s_002_.png  Avast Scan_2015.12.21_14h09m33s_001_.png  Avast Tools_2015.12.21_14h15m09s_003_.png 
mctrexler
I was able to put the Brain9 path into my Avast settings, and that is allowing it to open without turning Avast security off as I did to install Brain9.  

Pat and I have the same version of Avast, but they seem to be treating Brain9 differently.  

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software