ShelleyHayduk Show full post »
mcaton
Kari,

Yes, the indexing version should be installed on TOP of the existing build.  Otherwise, you will end up with 2 installations of PB.  One with indexing and one without.

Your memory usage will not be effected by the indexing version.

The indexing will allow you to search through ALL attachments and shortcuts to files that you link in PB.  Installing the version with indexing libraries is only recommended, not required. It is up to you to decide if this feature is beneficial.

Matt
KariAnne
Just wanted to say thanks for the reply.  I have now installed the indexing library and everything is functioning well.

Kari Anne

handymanlondon
Hello, I have installed the brain in USB Drive. Is it possible to open new brain using different file name?
mcaton
I realize this is an older post, but if you're curous - yes, if you launch the application again, you can load up a different Brain in another window, thus having multiple Brains open at one time.  You cannot, however, have the SAME Brain open in the application more than once.

Thank you,
Matt
gifog
I have searched everywhere, but cannot find it. How can I change the thought properties (colour) for all selected thoughts?
metta
@gifog ~

As far as I know, there is only one way to do this: All of the selected thoughts need to be assigned the same thought type -- and then the colors for both the text and the background can be changed at the type level.
> Video Tutorial on Thought Types

Otherwise, the colors on individual thoughts will each need to be edited separately.

Hope this helps! ðŸ™‚
mcaton
Metta's instructions are spot on target.  For a group of selected Thought, this could only be done with a Thought Type change.  

Thanks,
Matt
gifog
Thank you for the "workaround". Works for me! :-)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software