DavidGretzschel Show full post »
ruudhein
In the online dropdown menu I have Sync Automatically unchecked. Still the sync error pops up regularly.
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
mcaton
Thank you everyone for letting us know and sorry for the inconvenience. This unexpected error has been resolved and sync should be working fine again.

Thank you,
Matt
drruth2
As of 1100 EDT sync is functioning on 11.0.33.0 desktop and Android .40 Beta running on Galaxy Note 8.  Still encountering problems launching on Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition.
Dennis Ruth, CISSP Retired
Aerospace Scientist
Computer Scientist
Lieutenant Colonel (Ret) US Army
Professor (Ret) National Defense University
 College of Information and Cyberspace
BH
I think there may be a related issue (it occurred at the same time).

Brains are not visible for selection on the 'Brains' tab.  Syncing an already selected brain is working now though.  Brains are still visible in the web client.

cheers
BH
ah, forget that - somewhere in the thrills and spills it logged me out - logged in again and all is fine
mcaton
Ben,

Thanks for the positive feedback. Glad to hear all is well.

Matt
DavidGretzschel
@mcaton 
more bad stuff happening with syncing. At first, I thought it was a false positive wasting my time.
But then sync didn't really work well on Android.

some more video description to keep up with what I'm trying to do:
I immediately changed the BrainTheme to show the Plex in WingDings (and some font that Windows thinks is a bunch of undifferentiated squares for Notes Style), so I don't have to worry about showing all my private data (but if anyone fluently reads WingDings, they deserve to have them).
Then I added "applesauce" on Windows. Did not see it on Android.

[this part might be tricky to get, because it happened on my phone and could be mistaken for me just mildly insulting the Android-app again]
Then I added the Thought "bad app, slow app" on Android and then saw the Thought on Windows and after another sync, I also finally saw "applesauce" on Android as well, presumably fixing the sync error.

sync broken.... until I did stuff on Android

On second thought, I should have really tested this with another Windows machine instead, because it would have been more surprising if something did work correctly on Android. Next time, I get one of those. So far they have been relatively infrequent.
Those bugs are difficult to show off well, because they appear when they want and are usually very shy.

Log-file is in the signature.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

DavidGretzschel
but kudos for apparently managing to get the windows+;-emoticons supported cross-platform.
I have no idea how hard that is, but I've only very recently started picking up that feature and enjoy it quite a bit.
🏁🏁🏁

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mcaton
I have not yet replicated the crash, but I do see that WingDings in the desktop are not Wingdings on mobile - so that will get documented.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software