CaptainJustice Show full post »
pthompson
GerSch,

Keeping up with Gmail/Google Calendar updates and changes to their algorithm has been a tricky process. They've had recent updates to their systems on Feb. 4, March 6 and again on March 10 (and these are only the 'recent' updates) - all of which potentially could cause problems in how our application communicates with them.  I'm sure you can see cycle. We fix, they update, we need to fix again...

The calendar features in TheBrain have come under a great deal of discussion as we continue developing the next generation of Brain technology. I'll remind our engineers of this particular feature as we continue moving forward.

GerSch
Thanks Patrick for your detailed answer. For me it is a major bug, because my time-related workflow is broken. I´m used to organize my daily work with Google Calendar as my central board. This is not possible since months. Now I have to work with two systems, which is a pain. As you know effective task management is not the strength of TheBrain, but I´m looking hopefully to V9 and a fix the Google calendar sync [smile]!
GerSch
4 weeks later, I give up the hope of getting a fix of the Google Calendar issue! I have quite a few programs syncing with the Google Calendar. After changing the API at the end of 2014 they are all struggling, but get it work after a few days or weeks. So there is no technical reason why this should not work. It seems not to have high priority in your house. May be you will stop the google Calendar sync with V9. I don´t know. I´m very dissapointed, but looking now for another solution for my task management together with TheBrain.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software