media1mogul
Hello all,

I did some searching and did not see this issue raised yet.

Background:

I use TheBrain as a technical notebook.
The built-in editor does not support tables which is really helpful when taking notes.
I tried using word (I have office 2010) but I can't edit documents inline.
I saw someone else on the boards is using the embedded browser for gmail so I gave it a shot with google docs.
I was able to log into my google apps account after pasting in a shared link to a notes document.
I am able to edit the document.

The Issue:

I can't cut/paste into the document that I'm editing.
I get the popup letting me know I need to install something and that's as far as I get.
A popup window comes up but there is no way to install extension. (see below)

Questions:
(1) Is there going to be in-line table support in the built-in editor ? (If so then I don't care so much)
(2) If there is not going to be table support in the built-in editor, is there going to be built-in support for editing google docs inline?
(3)  If not 1 or 2, then (worst case) will there be support for editing word documents inline?

Thanks for any help on this.
Mike

The Brain: 9.0.150.0
Windows 7 X64

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG 
Memory on Paper
media1mogul
Here is an example of why I care about tables for technical notes.
In this (real) example, I am studying openflow commands and concepts.
I've always used tables to break out the complexity of what I'm studying.
Notes without tables is like a new england winter without snow. [wink]+
Capture.PNG 
Memory on Paper
mcaton
Mike,

Thanks for posting. We do plan on introducing tables into notes in a future build.

I see what you mean about cutting and pasting while editing a Google Doc. I'll document this as a feature request.

Thank you,
Matt
media1mogul
Matt,
Thanks.
Tables in the internal notes makes the notes simple and complete.
That's mostly how I'll ever use it for studying and tech notes.

Are you planning to support the google docs interactively?
Having the ability to edit google docs in-line would be really cool!
Mike
Memory on Paper
mcaton
Mike,

We're methodically finding the types of web pages that don't load / behave properly in our built in browser.  Google docs is now on the list for further review.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software