gmb1994
I've been trying out the latest betas and still having same old problems as before.

The whole application flickers and blocks of the GUI appear and disappear all over the application window.  I can still enter text but the blocks of GUI flash all over the place.

Versions:
Personal Brain: 6.0.3.5
Java: 1.6.0_21

System:
Windows XP Pro SP2
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
3.00 GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GTX 260

Moe
Try disabling hardware graphics acceleration in Java to see if it makes a difference. See below for instructions.

To turn off hardware graphics acceleration:

1. Close PersonalBrain

2. Create a text file and put the following content into it:
    -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true

Make sure there is a linefeed at the of the text. Save this file and name it PersonalBrain.vmoptions in the PersonalBrain program folder (Program 
    Files\PersonalBrain). Make sure the file is not named PersonalBrain.vmoptions.txt by accident, if it is take off the .txt extension so it reads PersonalBrain.vmoptions

3. Restart PersonalBrain.

Thanks,
Moe
gmb1994
Great, thanks ... the flickers and flashes stopped.
teamaitken
Great - and thanks for the tip about the hidden .txt extension.  You wouldn't happen to have a quick list somewhere of useful java options for PB that you can share?
David Aitken

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software