metta
Sometimes it is the little things....

Just now discovered we can copy the default favicon that appears when URLs are attached to a thought. Don't know when this feature was added, but this is extremely helpful in creating a consistent visual display in public/shared brains.

Many thanks to TheBrain engineering team for the attention to these small, but important and helpful, details.🙂👍
Cerebrum
How? ðŸ˜§
metta
Oh my dear! This is really, really weird.....

I was able to copy the icon from one thought to another this morning, with no problem.

However, even though that copy option is still available on the thought where I initially found it, it is now grayed out everywhere else I look! (See screenshots below.)

To TheBrain Team:
  • How in the world could this "Copy Icon" option be available on only one thought?!?
  • In addition, is there any possibility of turning ON this option on ALL thoughts if it is so incredibly close to working now??
CopyIcon-Working.png 

CopyIcon-GrayedOut.png
metta
Also, FWIW, it just now reviewed my old help desk ticket on this feature request, and discovered there were (previously) no plans to restore this copy favicon functionality. ðŸ˜¥
mcaton
Metta,

Not sure why/how the copy showed up for a Favicon.  But I'm documenting the feature request!

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
... Already documented - #6038.

Matt
Harlan
FYI, when the copy command is disabled, that is because that the icon is being inherited from its type.
Regards,
-Harlan
metta
@mcaton ~ Thanks, Matt, for confirming the documentation on this feature request.

@Harlan ~ Actually, my experience is different. Specifically, I'm seeing the "Copy" and "Delete" icon options grayed out on UNtyped thoughts which do not have type properties to inherit.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software