I run Brain 10.0.50.0 and still, when working in a brain with really a lot of links, the fan is constantly working and CPU load is still as high as described. So this problem seems to have to do with hyper links, but man, that is what I use it for.
What I noticed is two things:
- when put the brain window in the background (minimize in the dock, CPU goes down, when you open it again up again
- when exiting the application and restarting it gets better until you start to add links or thoughts and using it heavily
I hope this helps the support team. Please keep investigating, the brain is the number one productivity tool for a lot of users and needs to be working normally!
Same problem here!
I've been in contact with the support team—and they're currently investigating.
For context (of this thread), this is the request details I submitted:
"Hey guys and gals,
I'm having problems with TB spiking my CPU—and I'm not sure why!
When TB is idle, it's fine. When TB becomes the active window, the CPU immediately spikes—and it's not long until my Mac is overheating (and the fans are going crazy.
Any ideas why this would be happening, please?
- Macbook Pro 2018 [2.6 GHz Intel Core i7—32gb RAM]
- macOS 10.14.5 [latest version]
- TB v10.0.50 [latest version]
Look forward to hearing from you!"