Raymond

I thought I would rename a brain and thought I would do this in my document folders of windows (C:\Users\Ray\Documents). So now PB doesn't know where the file is. How do I get it to recognize the newly named brain file. I tried going back to the old name and it seems I am creating a maze for PB and it can't open the file with the old name either.

SamCox
PB provides a brain renaming function: File > Rename Brain.

Exactly what did you do when attempting to rename your brain? Every brain has a directory (e.g., C:\BRAINS\MyBrain_brain) and an associated file (e.g., C:\BRAINS\MyBrain.brain). Did you manually rename one or both of these?
Raymond

I manually renamed the file in my documents. This is where I have always found my PB files (C:\Users\Ray\Documents\MyBrain.brain). So what happens is only the name and not the extension is renamed in the windows folder environment.

SamCox
So, are you back in business? If not, do these things in Microsoft Explorer to be able to see the "brain" file extension:
  1. Select Tools > Folder Options > View
  2. Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
  3. Click Apply
  4. Click Ok to close Tools
With this change to Explorer's options, you should see PB's files with the extension "brain". If your brain's file does not have that extension, rename it so that it does.

In the future, use PB's File > Rename Brain tool for this purpose.

-- Sam

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software