dlorde Show full post »
Harlan

@dlorde I suspect there is something strange going on with your installation. Please contact Matt so we can take a look. TB 11 does not "corrupts the metadata file used by TB 10 so that TB 10 won't allow log-in" as far as we know so far based on hundreds of installs. If this is happening for you, we'd like to find out why.

Regards,
-Harlan
mcaton
Dav,

Let's schedule a call to install TheBrain 11 together in a web meeting.  I'm sure we should be able to figure out what is happening during the installation.  I'll contact you directly.

Thank you,
Matt
dlorde
OK, I'll wait for your contact.
dlorde
Having not heard anything more from Matt, I decided to uninstall and remove all traces of TheBrain (turns out there were at least remnants of versions 11, 10, 8, & 6), and reinstall v 10 and 11. 

This went smoothly, and apart from initially locking my account to make me change my password, I can now run either TB 10 or 11 without any problems.

So, problem sorted. 
dlorde
Ouch - spoke too soon - if I run TB 10 after closing TB 11, I get an error, then a log-in request, then a message that my account has been locked and I must change my password... again.

Fortunately it allows the old password to be used again, although this doesn't seem very secure.
mcaton
Dave,

Sorry for the long gap in response and glad to hear that you are able to run v10 and v11.  We do recommend that if you like what you see in v11, you should then stay on that version and not jump back and forth between the two.  Toggling between 10 and 11 can be done, but could potentially lead to confusion in Notes content, since v10 will be updating an HTML file and v11 will be updating an MD...

Also, we recently repaired the error message that you have described when logging out of 11 and back into 10.  This patch is still being tested, but should be available publicly soon. And yes, restarting 10 AGAIN will get you logged in.

Thanks,
Matt
bhatprashanth
Hi Matt, Brain experts, 
     I am in a Panic situation right now. I upgraded from 9 to 10 and I realized on my Mac I am unable to import my previously created local brain which is valuable. I managed to find the folder in the Mac and imported the folder. The brain is looking something like this now. I am unable to figure out how to restore it to my original data. please help. 

Thanks 
Prashanth  Click image for larger version - Name: Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 8.03.18 PM.png, Views: 27, Size: 669.98 KB
Harlan

Don’t worry. If you login, you will see your brain in the brains list. Click the person icon on the top right and log in to your account.

It looks like you tried to import your brain data as a folder, which is why it is displaying using the IDs (numbers) as thoughts. The Brain that you created via this import process (U01) can be deleted once you have everything working again. Do NOT delete the folder from your hard drive. 

If you don’t understand these instructions, call support tomorrow morning and someone will walk you through them. 

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software