GerSch
Oh my god!!! Most of my thought icons are gone. I tested the Android version on Smartphone and Tablet, then I synced my Desktop Client with the Cloud Service. I don´t know if the problem has something to do with testing the Android version, but where are all my icons gone???
mcaton
Do you have the same Brain available on a Desktop machine?  Are the icons showing up there - but not in the Cloud?

Thank you,
Matt
Timothee
Same issue here:  Lost all my painstakenly set Icons, which where all 117 of my Thought Type Icons, on the very first sync back to my Desktop #1, after very first changes on Desktop#2.    For the $300 I paid for this product and service, I should not have to put up with this time waste.

What happened:

1) Had stopped using the Sync function for months, because it was so broken / flaky with regard to Thought Icons.   Had deleted all  my brains in the cloud.   
2) With the release of 8.0.1.1  which included a fix for Thought Icon Syncing, I thought, yesterday, hey maybe I will get my money's worth out of the cloud after all.
3) Yesterday, generated a new GUI for my brain, and Sync'ed it for the very first time.    
4) After very long "processing", no Thought icons appeared online.   Great I said, and headed to work.
5)  On my work Desktop #2, I was curious what was supposed to happen - still no icons showing up online - didn't know if it was a display bug or a data bug - so I opted to download the cloud database.   
6) The Cloud database download failed, with some error about the zip - woohoo, happy user, especially one that's been programming software for 30 years
7) So I took the copy I had made of the local brain of Desktop #1, and manually put it on Desktop #2.
8) Sync'ed seemed to go fine - no icons dissapeared that I noticed.
9) Got home, synced back to Desktop #1, and lost all my icons.
10)  Restored my icons by copying them from a local backup
11) Sync wiped them out again.  Same 117 number.   Like it thinks the Cloud is the master and anything I do in the desktop  *outside* the app, is going to be wiped.

GerSch
@macaton: I answered your question from above on 7 May, 5 days ago, with screenshots in it via email to support@thebrain.com, but I get still no answer?? I think this is a major BUG (!!!) and I´m not very pleased to hear nothing from support...
mcaton
GerSch,

I'll find your ticket in support and contact you right away.  Maybe we can do a web meeting today to review the issue togeter.

Timothee - I'm happy to contact you as well for a 1 on 1 review.  You can both reach me directly at matt@thebrain.com.

Thank you,
Matt
mctrexler
To all concerned on this thread, please to keep the rest of us updated.  Those of us with thousands of thought icons are intensely interested in what might be going on. 

Mark

TB8.0.1.1., Windows 7, Java 7_51
mcaton
Quick follow up.  i receive an email update and GerSch did update his icons in version 8.0.1.1 and reported no new problems or issues.  Version 8.0.1.1 does resolve the problem of Syncing with Thought icons.

Thanks,
Matt
GerSch
Matt, I had the issues with thought icons with V8.0.1.1. As you can understand I lost the confidence into TB, when thought icons are deleted for whatever reasons. I need nearly six hours to restore them. How can I backup these icons?
mcaton
Gerwin,

As we had discussed (outside the forums), we believe these icon issues originated in earlier versions of TheBrain8. With TheBrain 8.0.1.1 - the icons are not automatically fixed, but rather, once you fix the icon on your local Brain and sync - the fix will then be properly reflected on the Cloud.

I understand if you are concerned about the problem re-appearing. If you'd like to make a solid, local back up that you can easily roll back to, please make a .brainzip.  Just click on File > Create BrainZip.  You can create them as often as you'd like.  This will insure that if you encounter any problems again in the future, you can always roll back to the most recent .brainzip backup and save yourself some time.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software