mcgilh

When I opened my main Brain today, got message saying there was new version to download. The Brain I’m missing is called: My Writing Project .brain  . This is a novel I’ve been working on since July. I’m sick with worry. The Brain wouldn't open. Got the message saying PB4 could not create or connect to the database, Please make sure you do not already have this Brain open and try again.  Details: User not found: SA .I had not done backup brain before trying to download new version. Thought I’d done it day before. I’ve been testing new back up software, but the update was dated 12-1. It opened fine, but was old. I have two other brains that seem to be gone as well. So, I went to a Brain.zip I’d done on 12-24. At the end of extracting the files, it said there was file already named and did I want to override it. I said yes. Then,   got the same  message saying PB4 Could not create etc etc...Plus the 12-1 Brain wouldn't open, either. When I tried to open today’s backup file so I could restore, there was nothing there to restore. Got a second message saying  backup brain does not exist or has been moved. But it was talking about one of my other brains, which is also missing. I’m sending support today’s output.log file. I don’t know how to send  my brain.zip. I guess I'm out of my element. I'm desperate  to get this brain back. You can see them listed above in the print screen.

If I ever get out of this mess, I need a foolproof way to auto back up.

Spacenexus
Heather

Keep calm, your data will be within your latest brainzip. Contcat tech support directly and get them to talk you through the issues. If you're in the 4.2 beta test, remember that it IS a beta and you should be very careful about your prime data. If using the beta for your primary information, then brainzip 2-3 times a day and archive several days of brainzips to be safe!

You might want to refer again to: http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2335977&highlight=replicator. Karen's replicator simply does the job.

Once you recover your brain, invest a few minutes' discipline a day to back up!

Good luck

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
mcgilh
Thanks, Jim. I've been sitting in front of a TV screen, vegetating, so I couldn't focus on my disaster. Your words gave me comfort, during the commercial break. Karen's replicator is the software I was testing. I thought I'd successfully set it to replicate daily, but, the only back up file I found was dated over a month ago. I'm obviously way off the deep end in desperately dangerous and virtual waters.

Harlan
Hi, I'm not sure if you've been in contact with support already, but the error you first mentioned, "Details: User not found: SA" indicates that you opened that brain with version 4.2, which converts the brain into a format that cannot be read by version 4.1. If you did not back up your 4.1 brain (a big no-no since 4.2 is not supported), then you will have to use 4.2 to open that brain up again.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software