L1nda
I have a problem with link type labels being hidden behind thoughts. This is mainly when there is a long-ish thought at the top of the child thoughts column, and the links to the child thoughts below it are hidden behind that long-ish thought. Mousing over the thought that is connected to the active thought with a link type label does not bring the link label to the foreground - it stays hidden behind the other thought. Clicking on the link also does not bring it to the foreground.
tmcconnell
I`ve had this problem as well. I use a workaround to get access to the link. I change the view from Normal to Outline and this generally allows me to edit the link. A bit awkward but I can`t see any other way to do it.
jbennett
Linda, 

If you click on the link itself, does the thought tab change to link?  Would you mind providing a screenshot, so that we can create a test brain similar to yours?

James
L1nda
Sorry for the slow response. Yes when I click the link - the thought tab changes to the link tab and on the plex the other thoughts/links etc are faded while the clicked link and relevant thoughts are prominent. Now I've had another look at it, it's not that bad when the link is clicked so it's highlighted over the faded thought - though it's not clearly readable there are plenty of workarounds for it.

I did notice that it's worse when the label is behind a thought icon - especially one with black background. In such case even clicking the link the label remains almost completely unseen.

Again though, there are workarounds such as reading the label name from the label tab or even just dragging the thought in the way out of the way for a second. Such work arounds are fine providing the way you set up your link types is to increase the thickness or change the colour but if you leave them as defaults and just want the label visible it may not always be noticable.

I've attached some screen shots.

Click image for larger version - Name: Link_behind_thought.JPG, Views: 64, Size: 28.19 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Link_highlighted.JPG, Views: 63, Size: 22.28 KB
Click image for larger version - Name: Link_behind_icon.JPG, Views: 66, Size: 24.23 KB
jbennett
Linda, 

Thank you for your feedback.  They are a lot of ways to customize your brain, including changing thought color, thought background, thought size, link color, link thickness, etc.  All of these can be adjusted to enhance the way your information is displayed.  In addition, you can disable/enable the curved lines and switch between views.  I will relay your feed back to our engineers.  For now, you may want to try playing with a combination of the customizable options mentioned above in order to achieve a look that you feel does the trick.

-James

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software