GerSch
"Hidden ordering system for Thought names: Prefix numbers with a period to hide them in the plex"

Can you explain this feature more in detail?
Harlan
Glad you asked... If you want to order thoughts in a particular way but do not wish to display numbers in front of the names (as in 1 Introduction; 2 Background; 3 Strategy; 4 Implementation), prefix the number with a period and they will be ordered as you desire but the numbers will not be displayed unless you are editing the thought's name. (as in .1 Introduction; .2 Background; .3 Strategy; .4 Implementation)

The result is the ability to order thoughts any way you want without cluttering the plex with numbers.

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 3.37.02 AM.png
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
This is awesome!
The one thing I've noticed is that in Reports, the .1 is removed, but they sort by the period ( so appear at the beginning of the report).

Otherwise it seems like an elegant solution to get thoughts in a custom order.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
zenrain
Deleted
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
zenrain
[Deleted: somehow I duplicated the previous post]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
andreas
Clever solution!

Just to be picky :-)
.0.05 sorts after .0.1 
sibleyd
Yeah, I like this.
mcaton
Alex,

Nice catch on the reports.  Documented.

Thanks,
Matt
GerSch
Yes, it is a big step forward to have a user defined sort order of my thoughts by this new way, but it is a lot of work, if you have p.e. 30 thoughts which you want to rearrange into another sort order, all by hand. My dream: I can arrange my thoughts via drag & drop, then mark all those thoughts and start the function auto-numbering in the new sort order...! ;-)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software