RichardBr
Hi

I am not sure it is possible, and if it is not, it could be a great addition.

Let's say I have a thought, T1, with children, some have the tag "done", some have the the tag "to do". What I would like is to have a fast and easy way to select T1 and to show only the children who have a tag "to do", by example.

Not only selecting them, but to show only them, not those with "done" tag. The idea is to keep all the done tasks under a project; but not to look a screen with a big cluster of tasks, done and no done.

Thanks

Richard

hasi123

maybe you find help here... 

http://forums.thebrain.com/post/How-to-filter-specific-thoughts-out-and-include-others-5735122

Tracy
Hi Richard,
Since you are using Tags, one great feature of Tags is that you can quickly filter the plex to only show you Thoughts that are tagged in your case, To Do's or Done. Let's say you want to focus on your "To Do" Thoughts. Notice in the Tag tool tab you can click on this Tag "To Do" This will filter the plex to only show you the To Dos. Vice versa, any time you wanted to see your items you've tagged "done" you can do the same thing and it will filter the plex to only show you those items that are done. Tracy
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
RichardBr
Hi Trasi and thanks for your answer.
Thanks, asi123. In fact, Tracy, your solution does not work for me. That I want is to continue tro see, for example, Project 1, and the ToDo, or Done, thoughts, while keeping the Project1 structure. Same thing if I look  at Project 2.

It seems the discussion pointed by asi addresses the problem, but it seems a little complex, slow.

It would be great to add something easy to do, as a feature.

hasi123

additional to the filter discussion in the thread above, it might be easyer, to create some more tags, to have a more simple filtered result. 

for example, you add a tag "project one and todo's" to all thoughts including project one and todo; and another tag "project one and done's" to all thoughts including project one and 'done'. 

additional to the "regular" tags "todo", "done" and "project one". 

filtering "project one" will then show only project items, filtering "todo" only todo items, but filtering the tag "project one and todo" will show the complete project together with the todos for that project (but not the dones for that project). 

RichardBr
Thanks, that seems à good idea, for me !

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software