metta
A couple of years ago, I requested the option of hiding the attachment counter in the desktop since I never need to see this number, and it significantly obscures the thought icons
HideAttachmentCounter.png  
Since it would be a great help in improving the visibility of icons within the plex when sharing desktop brains with others, I was wondering: is there any chance this feature request could be relatively easily provided in the days ahead?

FWIW, with some icons this issue is even more problematic. Here are a couple more examples where the icons are almost completely obscured: 
ObscuredIcon2.png ObscuredIcon.png 
DavidGretzschel
I wouldn't mind seeing multiple file icons side by side.
Seeing the amazon-icon next to a PDF would be much more illuminative than this generic icon showing a 2-counter.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

DavidGretzschel
I'm just about finished with inventorizing all my physical possessions. For cables and tech (and many other things), I have added two links to Amazon.
The first the site for the product, so I can easily see what it looks like. The second my order summary, so I can see how much I paid back then and/or whether I'm still within warranty. But instead of seeing two Amazon icons or even one (like I would, had I only attached one link),
I see a very unsatisfying

TEMPwhatisthat.png 

wireframe of a blue sphere on a white background with two lines under it?
Why would I want to see that? Why would anybody?
It tells me way less about the urls that I have attached, if it had been just left as the amazon-icon (with or without a number):
TEMPAmazonGlory.png 

Showing multiple icons next to one another in line would solve both Metta's and my problem, I believe.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

metta
Very nice feature suggestion, @DavidGretzschel! In fact, I thought at one point there was talk about the multiple icon option being in the works. (Guess I missremembered -- or I confused this with the option of having multiple tag options.)

However, I would like for these 2 feature requests to be treated separately, and for them both to be optional preference settings. Here's why:
> In ALL my brains ALL the time I want to hide the attachment counter (it is of no use to me).
> In some brains I might like to use multiple thought icons. However, in my megabrain, where I often have multiple attachments of different types, I will probably prefer to have only 1 icon since 4 or 5 different icons would reduce the amount of visible space for the thought name.

= Afterthoughts =
I guess another pie-in-the-sky option would be for multiple icons to be set at the thought level, instead of as global preference since this would allow multiple icons to be displayed whenever and wherever desired.

However, I should also add: Hiding the attachment counter is a much higher priority for me now than figuring out how to add multiple icons -- another reason, as I see it, for treating these feature requests separately. Thanks.

In addition, I imagine that a short-term workaround for the multiple icon feature request would be to simply add tags with icons that provide the desired info. I'm already doing this in my TB11 brains, and it works quite nicely. ÃƒÂ°Ã…¸â„¢â€š
DavidGretzschel

Yup, makes sense. Will request this seperately, when I can find the time for TheBrain-Brain-stuff.

--
---
---

metta
David wrote: ...instead of seeing two Amazon icons or even one (like I would, had I only attached one link), I see a very unsatisfying wireframe of a blue sphere on a white background with two lines under it....Why would I want to see that? Why would anybody? It tells me way less about the urls that I have attached, if it had been just left as the amazon-icon (with or without a number).

I also agree with you completely about the wireframe/document icon, in both the desktop and the web client: in both cases, we lose valuable information provided by the default favicon (link icon). 

Fortunately, an assigned thought type icon will obscure this wireframe icon in the desktop, if we do not want it (the wireframe icon) to be visible.

However, in the web client, this wireframe icon replaces BOTH the default favicon AND the thought type icon. Unfortunately, replacing the thought type icon completely defeats the purpose for adding a thought type icon in the first place -- and, as a result of this unexpected and unintended behavior, we now have to manually reset every thought type icon in the web client that is overwritten by this undesired icon😕
miadonis
I second your request @metta 

The significance and usefulness of Thought Icons are greatly understated and anything that obscures them within the Plex should be removed.

I'd go as far as to say the Thought Icon itself is more essential than the Thought Name.

After all, don't we think in images?
metta
@miadonis ~

Thank you very much for your support for this request! I could not agree with you more about the importance and value of the thought icons. In fact, thought names are almost useless to me without the icons -- but that's largely because I am an extremely visual thinker, and this is also why I also use colors extensively in my thought names, links and notes.

However, not everyone is as visual as you and I probably are (many others are more auditory and/or kinesthetic), and this often makes it difficult for others to understand how visual thinkers see and relate to the world.

Afterthought: Upon reflection, it seems especially important that icons be utilized to their full (visual) potential in both the desktop and in the web client since the design of TheBrain itself is predicated on the the value of displaying and interacting with the visual relationships (connections) between thoughts.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software