garethhowell53
I've been using TheBrain more or less since it came out and have thousands of files stored internally within a number of brains. However I now have a need I can't seem to be able to do.

I've recently started a new job and the Company uses SharePoint (specifically SharePoint Online via Office 365) as its document management system. Although all the files are stored in Office 365, Microsoft Office has a product called SharePoint Workspace that creates a synchronized local copy of a SharePoint Site on your PC (it's actually Groove under the hood).

Some of the files I want to link to Thoughts physically exist in a Workspace on my PC, but I can't link to them from TheBrain. If I open the Workspace through Windows Explorer, I can "see" the file, but if I drag and drop it on a thought; nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Gareth
Tracy
Hi Gareth,
When you open Workspace in your browser, simply drag and drop the url to a Thought in your brain. This will link it. 
Tracy
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
garethhowell53
I'm afraid that doesn't work for me.
I've tried from the Workspace client and from the "folder" that appears in Windows Explorer.
Brigitte
You can integrate SharePoint info into TheBrain by simply attaching SharePoint Urls to Thought. But TheBrain does not work with SharePoint app via Office 365.

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
garethhowell53
Aah, right. So it only works with files stored in the SharePoint site, accessed via a web browser, and not for files stored in SharePoint Workspace, or in OneDrive for Business.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software