totaln00b
Hi i work out advancd search is more narrow if i make search on selection by make mark in IN SELECTION box.  But how can save search result to selection? it say 'add searhc result to selection' but selection now allready has all thoughts i search from, i want make selection box smaller with --only-- result from search.

it go like this. i search from 200 thought and get 50 result. then i add selection box and mark IN SELECTION. Now have only 20 result from search. Now want to 'add search  result to selection', but how? they allready there. when i close selction box i get back 50 result, not 20. so how can save 20?

thank you pleas excuse bad english.

Dryopithecus
Hi,

Sorry, the following procedure is the best workaround I can think of:

1. Create a new thought "TEMP";
2. Edit > Link Selection as Children of TEMP;
3. Edit > Remove Search Results from Selection;
4. Edit > Unlink Selection;
5. Edit > Clear Selection;
6. Ctrl-Click the child-gate of "TEMP" to add all its child thoughts to Selection;

Done.

FYI, PB 5.5 beta will be released "soon" Maybe then we could find a better solution.
totaln00b
thank you but have trouble understand. if remove search result from selection then how it contain result from narrow search? what you say is TEMP contain all thought i --not-- want. i want save search result from search only in TEMP thoughts. thank you sorry to trouble.
Dryopithecus
Sorry I didn't explain clear enough in my previous post.

Let's say there are 4 thoughts in Selection:
* Apple
* Apple pie
* Fruit
* Food

Searching on "Apple" then selecting "In Selection" will return the following 2 results:
* Apple
* Apple pie

Now, if I understand correctly, you want to remove "Fruit" and "Food" from Selection, that is, you want Selection contains only the search results ("Apple" and "Apple pie"), right?

To accomplish this, try the following procedure:

1. Create a new thought "TEMP", then Edit > Link Selection as Children of TEMP. Now TEMP contains:
* Apple
* Apple pie
* Fruit
* Food

2. Edit > Remove Search Results from Selection. Now Selection contains:
* Fruit
* Food

3. Edit > Unlink Selection. Now TEMP contains:
* Apple
* Apple pie

4. Edit > Clear Selection.

5. Ctrl-Click the child-gate of "TEMP" to add its children to Selection. Now Selection contains:
* Apple
* Apple pie

6. Delete "TEMP".

Done.

This procedure is very time consuming, but it could save you some time if you have a large number of thoughts in Selection. If you have only a few number of thoughts in Selection, like the above example, in Selection box, you can simply Ctrl-Click on "Fruit" and "Food" to remove them from Selection.
totaln00b
understand now. very good. thank you much my frind. is work good for me.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software