fnurl
Hi, have been using a single Brain to collect all my stuff. Now I want to use webbrain to publish part of it.

I figured that the best thing would be to split off the parts which I want to publish. I did some experimenting and just copied the _brain directory and .brain file and renamed them, then uploaded the clean Brain.

However, I discovered that WebBrain seems to use some Brain ID to identify which brain is being synched, rather than the name of the Brain (good), but this means I have two Brains with the same ID.

How do I change the ID of a Brain so that I have two unique brains, rather than two versions of the same Brain?
Tracy
Hi Fnurl, 
Yes, this can be accomplished. Open your second version Brain. Go to: File>Utilities>Assign Brain new GUID. After you do this, you can then sync this brain and it will be uploaded as a separate Brain all-together. Not connected to the original in any way. Tracy
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
fnurl
Thanks!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software