jostber
I was working with my job brain, and then created a brainzip in the usual way by using File-Create BrainZip. I had a usb stick in, and copied that brainzip to the usb stick. Then I removed the usb stick.

When I went back to my open brain, 132 of my 135 thought notes were gone. The notes icons are showing, but no notes to be found. Thoughts with notes report shows just 3 thoughts.

I tried initiate the backup by renaming the brain_db file, but my notes were not restored. No error messages were given.

I can see the notes files are in the brain_db_backup folder. Now how do I restore them?

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
jostber
There was a strange error message when I created the brainzip. I made a new test brain, and got the similar error there.

When I click OK, the error message just disappears. The brainzip file is made.

Click image for larger version - Name: zip.jpeg, Views: 260, Size: 23.29 KB
jostber
Thanks Dyslucksia, I have checked both the brainzip on the PC and and the USB stick, they make no difference.

The problem seems to be 2-fold: First: the notes disappeared from this job brain, and second: the notes are not restored when I try to run the backup, even if they are in the backup folder.

Other brains I have tested on the same PC does not have this problem. Makes me a bit wary to create brainzips until this has been sorted out. I am going on a long business trip tomorrow, so this was not the most convenient time for me.

jostber
There is an endelessly long output.txt file, and this might be one interesting line:

Restoring from continuous backup: ENTRIES
CDB: CLOB file not found: /home/jostein/Jobb_******-09_brain/brain_db_backup/ENTRIES-BODY-148.clb

Cornan
I have found previously that brainzip export / imports are not neutral and make my important PB archives by copying the entire .brain file and folder.

I'm not really sure at all where the .clb files come in.  I have been expecting that the Notes themselves were stored in the relational database and of course my "hidden" attachments (in the PersonalBrain Notes sub-folders) are out in the Windows file system.

In the late 4.5 era (on Windows XP, BTW) I had problems with PB deleting all of my url attachments and imorting from a brainzip did not restore them; I was only able to recover by going back to previously archived brain folders and upgrading to 5.0.x.x.

(Now I have a problem with PB 5.0.x.x losing large numbers of my url attachments, but not all of them as in 4.5).

I've submitted my archive batch files a couple of times already; they're "just" Windows .CMD files, but they perform the nicety of stopping / starting PB and creating yyyy/mmdd folders in the destination directory (or you can drag and drop of course).

This version of the files requires TASKKILL, which I believe may not come with some versions of Windows.
Moe
jostber, Thanks for the post and sorry for the problem you experienced in creating a Brainzip. Is it possible that you can send us a copy of your Brain and output.log file to support@thebrain.com so that we can check into your issue.

Best regards,
Moe

jostber
Thanks for the feedback, Moe. This brain has some confidential information that is job-related, so I have to start with sending you only the output.log file. Hope you can see someting from that.

jostber
5029 worked great here, and restored all my Notes from the brainzip. Thanks to the Brain team!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software