tonja
Hello,

PB7 was running in some troubles and started some Backup-Recovery mode for 3 days.

Now my PB7 seems empty.

How I can reach my data again?

Greetings,

Click image for larger version - Name: Bildschirmfoto_2013-07-13_um_09.09.28.png, Views: 192, Size: 574.07 KB
NorthFarm
Is the database really empty? It might just have forgotten the home thought, in which case you can still search the thought you want to be the home thought and select "Set as Home Thought" in the "Thought" menu.
If the database is empty that won't work naturally. Check in "File" - "Utilitites..." - "Statistics" what the thought count is.
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
pthompson
Tonja,

You may want to try restoring form the Brain's automatic backup. When TheBrain accesses a Brain database, it automatically creates a backup each time the Brain is opened. Note that this backup is not a substitute for a full backup that should be done using TheBrain Cloud Services or the Create BrainZip option as it does not include any of the attachments and other data that is not contained within the Brain database directly.

In order to revert to the automatic backup, the _brain folder will be needed. This folder can be found where your Brain database is stored.

Reverting to the automatic database backup:

1. Close TheBrain if it is running.
2. Backup the _brain folder in case a problem is encountered during the reversion.
3. Open the _brain folder and find the brain_db folder.
4. Rename the brain_db folder to brain_db_old
5. Reopen TheBrain and open the Brain that is being restored.
6. Let the restoration process continue and complete.

If you are still having trouble after this, please contact support directly at support@thebrain.com or support.thebrain.com so we can look at this closer.
sunwei415
I just recovered my brain containing 126k Thoughts in the way Patrick shared above. I was close to getting a heart attack.

There was a rebuild database menu item in the File -> Utilities submenu. Why it was removed?

I am running TheBrain 8.0.1.4 Pro Edition, with Java-1.8.0_25 (64-bit) on Mac OS X 10.10.1.

Windows XP,JRE 1.6.0_13,PB 5.5.0.8-b
pthompson
This option was removed because it is not often needed. You can access it, however, by enabling TheBrain's hidden utility features. To gain access to these options, start by typing *support* in your Search field (please be sure to include the asterisks). You do not need to click the search button, just type the key phrase and this will enable the hidden utilities. Next, navigate to: File > Utilities and you will see the additional Utilities.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software