Rob2050
I would like to keep track of Podcasts, the hosts, in groupings, and occaisionally specific episodes.

PODCASTS (Type)          Cory Allen (host)
     |                               /
     |                            /
The Astral Hustle (podcast)
     |
     |
specific episode

So my question is how to now group subsets of Podcasts, like Photography Podcasts, or Bitcoin Podcasts -- do i double link them to the Type and the Podcast Grouping object?

If i only have them linked to the Grouping (say "Photography Podcasts"), then they won't be Typed as PODCASTS.

Thoughts?
rob.
zenrain
I would (and have) done it the way you have outlined. For creating groups of Podcasts I would create something like:
Genre, Podcasts
 |
 |
Informational, Genre, Podcasts; News, Genre, Podcasts

where the ; separates two thoughts. Then link the specific podcasts to those genres.

If you also do this with multiple sources you can decide if it's worth having a Podcast specific genre, or use the same genre grouping for podcasts, videos, books etc.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
tcahill
[QUOTE 

So my question is how to now group subsets of Podcasts, like Photography Podcasts, or Bitcoin Podcasts -- do i double link them to the Type and the Podcast Grouping object?

If i only have them linked to the Grouping (say "Photography Podcasts"), then they won't be Typed as PODCASTS.

Thoughts?
rob.

This situation might be where tags could be productive. I think of Types as Nouns, i.e., the definitive identity of a thought. Tags on the other hand, can have multiple parent tags, and are more like attributes, in that a thought can have only one type, but multiple tags.
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software