leolit
Is it possible at all? If not, what is the point of it? Is it just glorified way to copy page link??
nick
Hi there,

I think I am misunderstanding this one. What exactly is meant by 'clipping' web pages?
leolit
"Clipping" means "copying the content of the web page (preferably without advertising etc) so you could read it later off-line or when it won't be available online anymore". Evernote, OneNote and other programs have such clippers, and I expected BrainBox can also do that. But it just makes new node and opens the page there in internal browser 🙁 Or did I miss something?
metta
@leolit ~

The BrainBox bookmarks links. It does not clip pages.

Instead, some of us are using SavePageWE to save web pages and the add them as (offline) HTML attachments in TheBrain.

Hope this helps.
leolit
Sigh. Developers of TB definitely have strange ideas about what is worth efforts and what - not 🙁. Making this BrainBox definitely took several hundreds of working hours. You can just drag the link from browser and drop it in TB - the result will roughly be the same.
nick
The idea behind the web portion of the BrainBox (and the file management portion as well) is for usage when you don't already have your Brain open, such as times where you are just casually browsing the Web, possibly even on a computer without TheBrain installed, and you find something that you would want to 'pin' for later to add to any one of your Brains. Though in the case where you do have TheBrain already open, @leolit you would be correct, you could just drag the link from the Browser. 
metta
@nick ~ Thanks for clarifying the rationale. I never quite understood the benefit of the BrainBox since my brain is open all the time.

leolit wrote:
You can just drag the link from browser and drop it in TB - the result will roughly be the same.
 @leolit ~ You're right. Roughly the same without the benefit of the links being accessible in TB search.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software