RonMar
I saw a video which explained how to create subtags.  I don't remember which video.

Can someone explain to me how to create subtags?
Dodo
I don't think subtags are possible. Are you sure that the video you saw wasn't about supertypes and subtypes?

To create supertypes and subtypes:
  1. if it doesn't exist already, create the type that is to become a subtype 
  2. type the name of this subtype into the Instant Search field and select it when it shows up in the list. The type is now shown as the active thought in the plex
  3. in the Thought pane, there is now a button to choose a supertype. Choose an existing type or create a new type.

For bringing at least some order to your tags, you could use prefixes, e.g. @home, @work, todo.read, todo.call and so on ...
RonMar
Thanks for that reply.  It seems like the answer I was looking for.

I'll try it out.
RonMar
No, my memory was that it was with tags, not types.

Thanks for the reply anyway.  You may well be right that my memory was wrong.
topps
Dodo wrote:

To create supertypes and subtypes:
  1. if it doesn't exist already, create the type that is to become a subtype 
  2. type the name of this subtype into the Instant Search field and select it when it shows up in the list. The type is now shown as the active thought in the plex
  3. in the Thought pane, there is now a button to choose a supertype. Choose an existing type or create a new type.

Is this only in the Windoze version? I don't see this button in the Thought window on my Mac. (TB 7.04)
zenrain
It's in both versions. When you have a type active, where it would usually list the Type on a thought, it should list Super type.

Also, if you activate a type thought, you can drag a thought from the parent gate to create a super type. Click image for larger version - Name: supertype.png, Views: 95, Size: 10.44 KB
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
topps
zenrain wrote:
It's in both versions. 

Also, if you activate a type thought, you can drag a thought from the parent gate to create a super type.

Found it. Sorry. But thanks for the drag tip. 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software