sandysantra
How to increase space btw Thoughts on a Mac?  I'm running OS X 10.6.6 and PB 6.0.6.4.  I've read the manual and it says this can be done with the mouse wheel + Cntrl in Expanded mode.  Cntrl does something different when interacting with a trackpad on a Mac: it enlarges the whole screen.

Does anyone know the trackpad+keyboard shortcut for this?  Increasing the size of the font of Thoughts I can do, but that rapidly makes the canvas far too crowded.  I need to be able to increase the SPACE between thoughts.

Thanks.
sandysantra
Doesn't anyone have an answer for this?  I know there's a way to do this.  Was it taken away from Mac users in the 6.0 build?
sandysantra
Is the only way to get the answer to call the company and pay for an incident call? It's ONE question.  Please—anyone.
zenrain
I'm not at my Mac currently, but if you don't use the ctrl+mousewheel to zoom, have you tried disabling it under System Preferences > Mouse?
Generally keybindings used by the OS (at least on a Mac) will overwrite PBs, hopefully disabling it will allow you to increase the space.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
sandysantra
I don't have a mouse.  I don't have a trackball.  I have Macs, with Magic Trackpads.

Cntrl+Two Finger swipe up and down zooms in and out.

And no, there is no way I would ever disable that.  I used it over 100x a day.
zenrain
Fair enough, not sure if it would work with the trackpad double swipe, either. As you use the zoom in function, you may want to e-mail support@thebrain.com. However, as far as I know there's no way to do this. You may also want to submit a feature request at UserVoice.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
sandysantra
Email sent to support.
mcaton
Sandy,

If you are in Expanded View on a Mac, please try clicking the Expand All button (+ sign on the upper menu) one time.  Now, you should be viewing 2 generations away from the active thought.  You can use a mouse wheel (without the CTRL key) in the background of the Brain to increase the distance between thoughts.  I'm not sure how this feature will translate to the Magic Trackpads, but a scroll up and down in the background should have the same effect.  

Thank you,
Matt
zenrain
Blech, I should have remembered that. Sorry.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
sandysantra
OK.  Disabling the mouse wheel in preferences worked.  It only increases the space between "major" nodes, not every single node in the whole view.  And for instance, if you only have two major nodes, with a half dozens thoughts under each, all it does if move increase the space between the major nodes—i.e., move the top major node up.  It does NOT increase the space between the half dozen nodes under each major node, though there is plenty of space on the canvas (window/frame) to do so.

Not the way I remember this working from a year ago.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software