inHell
Hello BrainCommunity,

I'm new know TheBrain and try to figure out how it can help my mapping knowledge. 

One thing I wanted to do is Link two Thoughts twice. But if i drag another Link to the Thought, it just disappears like its not possible to Link two thoughts twice. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks,
all the best
Cerebrum
You can't link two Thoughts twice.
I'm guessing you want to create two different types of links between two Thoughts. For example, you might want to link Barbra Streisand as the director of Yentl and also link her as an actress in the movie, and use a different Link Type for each link.

It would be nice if TheBrain could do this, but it can't.

Edited: You could duplicate a thought and then link to it, along with a link to the original thought. This could get messy.
Alternatively, you could add a note that explains both links.
inHell
Yeah, thats exactly what I meant.
Sadly its not working. I can't set multiple Link Types for one Link. I can just switch between them.

Sadly too is that Thought Types and Link Types dont share the same features: set color / icon / direction...

lol... I just noticed that its the same for Thought Types. One cant set multiple Thought Typs for one Thought. well... 

What i really don't get (maybe I just wasn't able to find it) is that there are so many rules and restrictions on how to use the software which indicates that there is "a right way" to use it but its presented nowhere instead I see little 'espresso's', the wild wild west of thoughts and that one can structure his brain in any matter one wants. Well... a brain without clear structures is just senseless, specially if one want to keep one single brain and keep complexity. 
Why cant i find anything on the matter of the meta layers. 

Databases are real strict, and one has to design it right. In cases where information can be categorized or put in hierarchies easily, a well structures design can help keep a clean head in complexity. In TheBrain or other Graph-Softwares I got the feeling that its to0 free and that if one wants to lay some structure one gets confronted with the restrictions of the architecture.
Cerebrum
inHell wrote:
a brain without clear structures is just senseless, specially if one want to keep one single brain and keep complexity. 
Databases are real strict, and one has to design it right.
TheBrain is very flexible. You can create thoughts about anything and link anything to anything else without having to worry about database models or structure, and it's fairly easy to re-structure and re-arrange the connections.

Have you looked at the tutorial videos here: https://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software