cogmission
Hi Everybody,

Forgive me if this is a "noob" question, but it appears that the default criterion in all the "Report" fields is "Any", which is not quite what I'm looking for (this will list ALL thoughts).

I'm looking for a way to list all thoughts which haven't yet received a "type" so that later when I start to use this everyday (for GTD) I can enter thoughts randomly and then when I go to review things, I can do a search for those that don't yet have a "type" and consider those to be automatic "Inbox" items.

So I'm looking for a way to Search for items / thoughts with no Type assigned?
With kind regards,

David Ray
Java Solutions Architect

Sponsor of:  HTM.java

zenrain
Currently there's no easy way to do this I'm afraid. 

Right now you can:
  1. Open the reports window, it should prefill with all thoughts. 
  2. From the hamburger menu (the three line button next to the refresh button) choose Add all to selection
  3. From the Types button, manually select each type (I think there's an open request to Select All, because this can be… painful)
  4. Once all types have been selected click the hamburger menu again and choose Remove All from selection.
  5. The remaining thoughts in the selection window (far left of the plex) contain your untyped thoughts.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
cogmission
I guess I don't have to say that this is an excellent feature to support?

But at least, I can use the method you described - and it works! :-) So I'm happy for now... 

Thank you very much!
With kind regards,

David Ray
Java Solutions Architect

Sponsor of:  HTM.java

mcaton
Feature request to help with this process has been added.

Thanks!
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software