simonh
There is a color tag in the Brain XML but it doesn't get set by applying a color to a Thought (that seems to work via CSS). Can this tag be set? And if set will it work with Exported XML on a Web site to show the color?

Assuming yes - what are the color values / color type definition?

Thanks
simonh
Thanks very much - that's very helpful (I don't know why searching the Forums for "color" didn't find those posts - but I guess that's another story).

So it seems that I can set the value of the Color tag in the exported XML files and those will be interpreted correctly in the Browser. But if I set the color tag in TheBrain itself (by copying out the XML, modifying the tag, and pasting back) then it is stored but ignored when the XML export occurs.

Which is a bit of a pain if you have a large number of Thoughts and thus a large number of exported XML files.  
simonh
I've discovered that you can set the colortag in the Brain - it is used for the Background color. And to set that you need to change a Preference which is off by default. However the value thus set is still not exported 

Since the post from Harlan dates from March last year I'm not waiting to see when this feature arrives. So in the meantime I've written a fairly simple Perl script which takes a file giving node names and desired color and runs through a directory updating all the XML files. It could be easily modified to batch change other SiteBrain tags if desired.

This probably only makes sense to do if you are generating the original Brain XML in the first place. If anyone is interested I can post it.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software