dlorde
I find the dotted-line link highlights less clear than the solid line link highlights I see on the tutorial plexes in the online videos. I can't see any option to change from dotted-line to solid-line link highlights in the 'Preferences' menu.

How do I set my links to show a solid highlight line instead of a dotted highlight line (shown in attached image) when the mouse is over the link or linked thought?

Click image for larger version - Name: PB_link_hilight.jpg, Views: 157, Size: 26.03 KB
zenrain
I don't believe you can. Your best bet to increase visibility is in Options > Preferences > Look and Feel, click Thicken highlighted links.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
dlorde
There must surely be a way, because I saw solid highlighting links on one of the video tutorial plexes - I wouldn't have thought of it otherwise!
NorthFarm
I believe you can achieve the effect by selecting the same color for "Links, highlighted" and "Links, normal" under "Colors" in Preferences.
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
pthompson
dlorde,

As others have pointed out, there are ways to achieve this.

1. You can increase the thickness of your links default size (for general visibility improvement) by navigating to Options > Preferences > Look & Feel:

2. You can change the color of the "link dots" by navigating to Options > Preferences > Colors and changing the 'Highlighted thoughts, outline' color to match the color of the 'Links, normal' color:

dlorde
Thanks NorthFarm, but your suggestion makes the link colour and the link highlight colour the same. The highlight may be brighter, but I was after normal links 'blue', highlight links 'yellow' as shown in Jerry's plex in the video Best Practices for Organizing Information with Multidimensional Categorization (around 7mins 40secs).

dlorde
Thanks Patrick, but that's not what I was after. I'd like the link mouse-over highlight dots to be a continuous line of the highlight colour - as shown in Jerry's plex in the video Best Practices for Organizing Information with Multidimensional Categorization.
zenrain
In the video they were using WebBrain to show Jerry's plex. The WebBrain does use the solid highlighting functionality. The desktop uses the dots because in directional links they move on mouse-over to reinforce directionality.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
dlorde
Oh, OK zenrain, thanks for the help.

It would be nice to have the option for the WebBrain look; I find the directionality arrows are sufficient for the odd occasions I use link direction, but thought mouse-over happens all the time, and a link colour change is far more visible than those dots... ho-hum.

pthompson
dlorde,

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass this suggestion along to our developers.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software