kolius

Hello!

All my thoughts have a date in their name. I want to arrange them alphabetically, so I choose arrange thoughts by name option, but TheBrain arranges them in some strange way. In screenshot I've enumerated them, as they should be arranged.

Am I doing something wrong or it is a bug?

Click image for larger version - Name: sort.jpg, Views: 211, Size: 215.91 KB
http://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/0C5A70A8-19A0-F990-3DFE-DC68C939EAF1/
moski
Hi I think it's because of the characters that come after the numbers. If you use the same character each time they are sorted correctly. See this:

It's one of the strange behaviors of PersonalBrain. This has been reported before but never been "fixed". If you try sorting in Reports by name it's more correct than in the plex.

Michael Skurrie
kolius
Thank you, moski!
Even if I do so double dates (-722-705 y.) will not sort with single ones (-609 y.)

It's very serious bug, as I use PersonalBrain for storing historical events it's very important that they can be sorted correctly. May be report it again?
SamCox
Try this: Insert a space character between the dates. For example, change "-705-681" to "-705 -681".

PersonalBrain sorts numerically when it recognizes numbers. "-705-681" is not a number. Even though you intend "-705-681 to be a range of numbers, PB sees it as a collection of characters and sorts non-numeric thoughts alphabetically.

-- Sam
kolius
Sam, thanks a lot! With numbers PB works great. I will just write 705 BC instead of -705

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software