Julian2008
Hello
I just tried to switch between two open Brains having started for this purpose a second PB instance using the -n switch. But anytime I click on a thought (with the GUID of a thought of the second brain file) I only see the message "this brain is already open". Of course that it's already open that's why I started a second instance.
I just wanted to save the time it takes when I switch between to brain files within the same PB.exe.
Although I have enough CPU-Power and RAM space and navigating and searching within the same brain is really fast, when it comes to switching PB slows down - and of course, for known reasons. But when the other brain file is already open (with the second instance), why do I get this error message? Isn't this a perfect reason for having implemented the -n option?

Julian

Moe
Julian, Thank You for posting. You are correct, currently in PB version 6.0.7.1, if you have another instance of PB open and select to open a link from Brain A to a Thought in Brain B, you will receive a message indicating that Brain B is already open. Checking with our engineers, this issue has been corrected and a fix will be put into a future build of PB.

Thanks,
Moe
Julian2008
OK, so at least I know now that it was not a feature but a bug.
Thanks, Moe.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software