NickHowe
I'd like to use a sitebrain in the same way that 'thebrain.com' does.  The native exported Site Brain includes the plex on top, and a notes section below.  I only want the plex part.

I'm an HTML novice, so anyone got any 'how to' instructions that explain how to only embed the plex part into an existing page, without the lower half of the screen?

Also - how come 'thebrain.com' loads and runs fine, but sitebrains always blocks scripts/activX and requires you to say yes every time?

zenrain
SiteBrain is doing the same thing as TheBrain.com, just not as pretty.
Essentially, the pages on this site below the plex are just the note pages in Personal brain.
However, for thebrain.com, css is defined  for the whole site, and also within the pages so they are uniform.
Without too much html knowledge, my advice is to set up the notes exactly how you want to see it in the site page. Since the notes are defined in .html (you can choose view > HTML view to see the coding), it should appear as it would online.
You can check out some sitebrain examples to see what can be done in this thread:
http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2044230
As you get more comfortable, I'd recommend setting up a new brain just for your site (if that's not what you have done already) and start experimenting with some css coding. The .css files for the whole site would be in res/main.css, and for the stuff applicable directly to the portion appearing below the plex would be res/notes.css.
Hope this helps.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan
NickHowe wrote:

Also - how come 'thebrain.com' loads and runs fine, but sitebrains always blocks scripts/activX and requires you to say yes every time?

This warning message is generated by IE when a local file attempts to run JavaScript. It will not appear once you place your SiteBrain on a Web server.
Regards,
-Harlan
CyberTechWriter
Hi Harlan,

I am experiencing this javascript problem on both IE and Firefox with a sitebrain. It does not happen with the local published brain, but as soon as I publish it to the web, I get the problem.... can you please help me ?

(I have checked and Javascript is definitely enabled in both browsers)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software