KlausHansen
Hi,
has anybody figured out how to navigate the brain 9 using Dragon speech recognition software?

In The Brain 8, I can search and write by voice, which is a lot faster than typing. In the new version The Brain 9, this feature does not work any more. 

In The brain 8, I could not apply the taps by voice. This is now possible in The Brain 9, so if the search and text fields were still open for use with speech recognition software, it would be absolutely perfect.

Please help out if you know how to solve this!
Klaus Hansen

mcaton
Klaus,

Thank you for posting. Have you looked at the Preferences > Keyboard Tab to add your own, customized keyboard shortcuts?  Is there anything missing here, that existed in v8 that would help you facilitate the use of Dragon Naturally Speaking?

Thanks,
Matt
KlausHansen
Hi Matt,
the difference is that in version 8 when I open The Brain the cursor is in the search field, and I can speak directly into it. It works immediately. In version 9 the cursor is also in the search field when the brain opens, but the program does not react when I speak.

Regarding use of customised shortcuts. I'm afraid I am not that advanced user. I simply do not know how to do, what to do and where to find out. If you can point me to a source I will give it a try.

Basically, I need my product to work without me having to do anything, as I am challenged with a medical condition that just limits the use of hands. This of course permeates all of life, making any use drawing on my limited capacity.

Regards,
Klaus
mcaton
Klaus,

I appreciate the feedback. I'll start with documenting the issue of the search box not picking up vocal commands and go from there.

The customized keyboard shortcuts can help with unique features and navigating within your Brain. For example, let's say your Brain has 2 Pins above the plex.  First option is to use your mouse to click on pin #2, thus making it the active thought.  Your keyboard shortcut for doing this is CTRL+2. No mouse needed.  Beyond that, if you can use voice commands to press CTRL+2, you'll get the same result. Some commands have no default, so if you can scroll through the list, you might find a shortcut you'd like to create/customize for future use.

Again, I'll document the voice activated search for further review.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
Klaus,

I did a quick test and so far the voice recognition seems to be working with TheBrain 9.  Here's a quick video with some other navigation options being used.  Are any of these options working for you?

Matt
KlausHansen
Hi Matt,
thank you for the help!

Since you could speak into the search field and I could not, I looked for updates and it turned out that updating the brain version 9 was required and now it works. I can speak into the search field, ad child thoughts, jump thoughts and parent thoughts.

Other things that are missing (from version 8) is the ability to use F2 to open and edit an existing thought and the ability to jump to the notes fields using F5, for adding notes and then jump back to the search field using the F3.

I hope that this can be fixed too!

All in all I must say the new brain version 9 is looking very good.

Thank you very much for assisting
have a nice weekend
Klaus
zenrain
In Preferences choose the Keyboards tab.
Under the Windows sub-group you can assign shortcuts for:
  • Keyboard Focus to Notes
  • Keyboard Focus to Search

Under the Thought sub-group you can assign a shortcut for:
  • Show Thought Properties (currently ctrl + enter but I tested and changing to F2 works)
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pshanks
Quote:
zenrain
In Preferences choose the Keyboards tab.
Under the Windows sub-group you can assign shortcuts for:
  • Keyboard Focus to Notes
  • Keyboard Focus to Search

I would be nice if they had - Keyboard Focus to Plex

TheBrain 11.0.120.0, iOS V10.0.
Windows 10 (V19041), Windows 7 SP1, OS X V10.15.x
Using The Brain since V3 (1999)

Harlan
Thanks Alex. [smile]

One addition, plain old Enter will open the thought properties also as long as keyboard focus is in the search box.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software