enkidu
in some situations, I need to see the totality of a group of thoughts.

I haven't found a satisfying way to do that :

Example :

The thought "people" has children "A" "B" "C" "D"
each of these has N children.
I need a view where I see ALL "people" at the same time.

The only ways I see are :

1. each person jumps to a thought "all" (but I find this klunky & inelegant)
   ( alternatively, each person has thought "all" as a child )
2. each person belongs to a type "all" (but it implies not using other thought types for people)

has someone found a more elegant way ?

thanks
enkidu
plegoux
Hi endiku,

And a tag "all" ?

Patrice
Patrice Legoux

TB 7.0.4.5
Java 1.7.0_09-b05
Windows 7 64 bits SP 1

Main PC:
Toshiba Satellite, 4Gb RAM, Intel® Core™ i3-330M, 2.13GHz
Windows performance index: 5.0

PC 2:
Asus Eee PC, 2Gb RAM, Intel Atom CPU N460 0.66Ghz
Windows performance index: 2.3
enkidu
Merci Patrice !

I tend not to use tags, because they take up precious screen space & clutter the plex.
I do use them in some brains, but because they help make distinctions (as they are intended).

I am actually missing a VIEW which shows all thoughts, just like there is in any email product.

anyway, thank you. I know there are not many solutions.

cheers
enkidu

hasi123
I don't understand that problem? 
If you have in the new version the types field, where you can view all types, all thoughts of some type? 

Then you have filter options. 

then you have sub- categories of types. for example, if you have the main- type people, you have sub- types for example woman, men, children, name A, name B ..... 

if you view all thoughts of type people, you see also all sub-categories. 

there is some shortcut to show or hide tags in the plex. I have some macro created, that gives me some button to click on it, if I want to see the hints/tags in the plex. 

heatingwestlondon
I don't get that too.

When you open the brain all thoughts are automatically views.

If your category is "people" for example. Click that category and you'll able to view all the sub-category under people.
jostber
You can also give PEOPLE a specific thought type and then make a Report on these, or view the thought type directly. Or you can Crawl from the PEOPLE thought and the add all to the selection.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
enkidu
Thanks for your inputs everyone

I was thinking in terms of INBOX.

any email products inbox has different views :

SEND
RECEIVED
BY DATE
BY PERSON
ALL
<as well as any number of personal folders>

I was thinking of a view along these lines. Of course I can categorise thoughts at will.

thanks again
enkidu
plegoux
Quote:
I tend not to use tags, because they take up precious screen space & clutter the plex.

You cas make a tag visible or not in the plex. Create it the look at its properties to disable its display in the plex

Patrice
Patrice Legoux

TB 7.0.4.5
Java 1.7.0_09-b05
Windows 7 64 bits SP 1

Main PC:
Toshiba Satellite, 4Gb RAM, Intel® Core™ i3-330M, 2.13GHz
Windows performance index: 5.0

PC 2:
Asus Eee PC, 2Gb RAM, Intel Atom CPU N460 0.66Ghz
Windows performance index: 2.3
zenrain
It doesn't appear that thought types and tags are exactly what you are looking for. If you are looking for all thoughts, go to the reports tab and choose refresh. It will show you all the thoughts in your brain (if you have more than 5,000 you will have to use the arrows at the bottom of the report tab.
For showing all thoughts under a specific section:
  1. Activate the parent thought of the section
  2. Choose Edit > Crawl Brain and Modify Selection
  3. Choose the direction (most likely just childward, unless you want jump thoughts also) and the number of clicks to include (for example, if you want the children of the thought and their children, choose 2 clicks).
  4. Click Ok, and it will add those thoughts to the selection window.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
enkidu
zenrain

your method comes closest to my need - thanks once again !

cheers
enkidu

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software