metta
Thanks to TB Team for the v11.0.45 update. I look forward to reviewing the new features and fixes.

However, in the meantime, I've noticed an immediate and HUGE loss in responsiveness, performance and speed since updating just now. Almost every interaction within the interface seems to be impacted -- and text entry seems to be the very worst (slowest).

Will open a help desk ticket now and share my output log.

In the meantime, has anyone else run into this issue?

Running TB11.0.45 on Win7 desktop
metta
Just now tried to create a video to illustrate these speed and performance issues, only to discover TB11.0.45 is now completely unusable:
https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqlI23ve2a
metta
Also, after creating the preceding video, I tested TB again with my antivirus turned OFF, just to make sure it was NOT interfering with TheBrain. Unfortunately, I saw no improvement whatsoever.

Please let us know how we can revert to v11.0.44.
joshsullivan
metta,

I just reverted to .44 with this process:

I went to C:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\TheBrain\Updates\ and I still had the .44 release, so I uninstalled .45 through the Control Panel, then installed .44.

I have that installer if you cannot find it on your computer.

Cheers,
Josh
TheBrain 11 Alpha Channel
Windows 10 2004 Enterprise
metta
@joshsullivan ~

Thanks, Josh! I'll take a look and see if I have still have the file. It may have been quarantined (or deleted) by my antivirus program (WebRoot), since WR recently generated a false positive warning during the .44 update.
metta
@joshsullivan ~

Just now followed your recommended pathway, and there was no Updates subfolder here:
> C:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\TheBrain\Updates\

I also could not find the file in my WebRoot quarantine.

In light of this, if you could share the .44 installer, that would be great! 🙂

You can send me a direct email, with the file attached, using the email link on my forum profile -- unless it would be easier/better for me to download it from your preferred file sharing site.

No hurry, though. I'll be otherwise occupied for the better part of the day, so please take your time.
DavidGretzschel
first impression of the new ghosting and lag

As always, you can look at my log-file, if it's of any help (linked in the signature).

No real time to explore the new features yet, but having the lag not show up for the first few minutes (might be relevant for checking with the logs)
and having the menu-key instantly giving me so much power at my fingertips has already made me absurdly happy.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

metta
@DavidGretzschel ~

You have mad diagnostic skills! ðŸ˜‚
joshsullivan
@metta 

Here you go:  Link Removed When .46 Was Released

It will download a zip file you can extract and find the executable inside.
TheBrain 11 Alpha Channel
Windows 10 2004 Enterprise
metta
@joshsullivan ~

Great! Got it....Thanks so much for sharing, and for making your link accessible here for others who may also need to backup one version....

Much appreciated. ðŸ˜
mcaton
Thanks everyone for posting. We're aware of this issue in 11.0.45 and working on a fix!

Matt
mcaton
I'm sure Josh's file is fine and intentions are well placed, but you never know what could be lurking in an EXE file... If you would like an 11.0.44 file from TheBrain, just send us an email to support@thebrain.com and we'll be happy to provide an installer for you.

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan
Thanks all for your patience. 11.0.46 is out now and fixes this issue. ðŸ‘
Regards,
-Harlan
metta
@Harlan ~

Fix confirmed. Ã°Å¸â€˜Â 

Many thanks for the ultra-prompt turn-around on this issue! Ã°Å¸â„¢â€š

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software