Yumasi
Hi !

I've been using the free version of TB for a few days and wanted this morning to try the pro version, so I created an account and logged in the application, which then restarted. After it restarted I wanted to try the cloud feature and upload my brain in it. The application straight up crashed the moment I clicked on that upload button, and it had to restart.

When it restarted I've got a message telling me my brain folder was moved and that I had to tell it where the folder is. The thing is, I did not move that folder, and its still at the default location right now. So I just continue with the default location since it's where TB database is, and now my brain is gone !

I also tried re-logging in the app, which now shows my brain has a local one that is not available...

Is there a simple way to get it back ? (I've already spent too much time on this for an application I've used only for the last three days)
metta
So sorry to hear you've run into these difficulties just starting out! Hopefully someone from TB Support will be able to help clarify what happened with this glitch and why.

In the meantime, which version of TheBrain are you using (v9 I assume?), and which platform are you on (Windows or Mac)?

The reason I ask is that you might be able to locate and open the brain you've been working on by navigating directly to the folder where your brain is stored on your hard drive. However, this location varies depending upon:
> which version of TB you are using and
> which platform TB is installed on.

If you are using V9 on Windows, you can find your brain(s) using this file pathway:
> C:\Users\[ComputerName]\Documents\Brains\U01

(Hopefully someone else here can provide the location on a Mac.)

In the meantime, you can also submit a support ticket on TB Help Desk which will allow for more in-depth troubleshooting, if that is needed:
https://support.thebrain.com/

Hope this helps -- and we'll look forward to your update once you get up and running again!  Ã°Å¸Ëœâ€°
Yumasi
In the meantime, which version of TheBrain are you using (v9 I assume?), and which platform are you on (Windows or Mac)?

I'm using the latest stable version on Windows, and my brain seems to be in my home folder under C:\Users\[me]\Brains\. However, even though TB is configured to use this location for storage they can't be opened. (I understand why they removed the option to directly open brains, but it would have been really useful in my case).

I'll probably send a ticket as you advised.

Thanks for your help !
metta
You're very welcome -- and good luck with getting this resolved!

Please keep us posted on your progress since whatever you learn will be helpful to others.

In the meantime, with a little digging in the forum, I found this discussion:
> http://forums.thebrain.com/post/my-brain-has-disappeared-9634561

I don't know if this will directly answer your question, but your situation sounded familiar, so I thought I'd share it just in case.
Yumasi
Thanks to the support I was able to solve the issue ! The problem was a corrupted metadata file, and it was solved by going (on Windows) in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\TheBrain\MetaBD and renaming the file in there to TheBrainMeta.db.old

TB will then rebuild the file on the next startup and I can access my brains again !

EDIT: I notice however that I can reproduce the issue consistently. If I try to upload my brain in the cloud again the problem arises again.
metta
Hooray! ðŸ™‚

So glad to hear the fix was quick and easy -- and you're up and running again.

Hope you enjoy TheBrain! ðŸ˜ƒ

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software