wordmuse
I think it was TB9 that reports were taken out of TB. Of all the decisions that you folks at TheBrain made that I wish could have had a do-over, it's that one. There are so many times that I have wanted to use the Reports function.

For the most part, I've adapted and moved on, but every now and then something comes up, and I miss that feature.

There's not any chance of bringing it back is there? Gone forever?

~ Bal
metta
@wordmuse ~

Reports are still available in TB, Bal. See the following tutorial;
> History & Reports

Was there a specific report-related feature/function that you've not found on the new platform?
wordmuse
Well - the current TB11 reports function is not the same as it was in TB8. In some ways, it is actually better. But in one crucial way, it's not up to snuff: the older reports showed a preview of the thoughts - with the query text highlighted. Here's a screenshot of the TB8 reports output.  As can be seen, the matching thoughts are previewed with the query highlighted in the preview so you can see - at a glance - if it's the content you want. I really miss this.

~ Bal
tb8style-reports.png 
metta
@wordmuse ~ I agree completely. Sorely miss the previews and highlighted terms. In fact, this is right in line with another current forum discussion.

However, just a reminder: These are search features, not report features. ðŸ˜‰
wordmuse
Yes - you are right - search, not report... It's been a while since needing to use TB8. I didn't even need it today; just the search feature that would have been very handy.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software