artcanadianstyle
I have been working on my Brain on a mac.  I recently purchased a PC and wanted to move my files over .  I was told that I could download a version from my webbrain, which I did.  When I opened it, the files are all scrambled.  I have over 15,000 thoughts and thousands of links and attachments.  All of the notes and attachments are attached to the wrong things.

I then thought that I would be OK because I still had my files on my mac - but no.  When I tried to open my files, the error message I got said: 
"There was an error while opening this Brain.  The error was:
Database "/Users/dianethompson/Documents/PersonalBrain/GTD Brain6_brain/brain_db/brain" not found [90013-164]  Data will now be recovered from the continuous backup service.
Recovery from error opening this brain failed.  No automatic backup file could not be found."

When I went back to my PC, to have a look at the file there, I got another error message:
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify your if a solution is available.

I tried to log onto my webbrain, and managed to get on there at least.  I took a brief look and found that there is scrambling on the web version.  I might be able to get a version from my Time Machine.  Can you offer any suggestions?
zenrain
First, have you contacted support? It's support@thebrain.com if you need their address.

Second, I've had this occur also, most recently it was when I deleted a whole bunch of thoughts in the brain due to splitting two brains apart. I ended up having to go to a backup.

The first thing I'd do is contact support. Then if your databases are scrambled, take one of them and make a brainzip (just in case). Then delete the WebBrain. I'd recommend you do this as if you restore a brain from backup, the first thing it will do is try to synchronize and all of a sudden you have a hot mess again.

Finally, I'd try restoring to a new location from either a brainzip of time machine backup that was made prior to the issue. Immediately go to File > Utilities > Assign a New Brain GUID, and then make a brainzip. 
After doing that, try synchronizing to WebBrain and see what happens. 

If the same thing still occurs, restore from the brainzip you made before you synchronized, select and copy all your thoughts and paste them into a new Brain. See if they go over correctly. If they do, synchronize and see what happens.

Hope this helps.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Parkerman
Find posts like this very worrying as it points to a fundamental instabilty in the database logic and raises the continuing possibility and risk of large scale corruption. The Brain Team/Support should prioritise investigation of such problems and eliminate the causes with timely updates. Whilst I love TheBrain software and its future aspirations, it does appear that the desktop product is deteriorating at the expense of future developments. The pro product is not cheap so loyal users deserve a proactive attitude to resolving serious bugs. The issues with Google Calendar Synchs and various other non working features is causing me to have decreasing confidence in commiting all my GTD into TheBrain and recommending the software to business colleagues. I rarely attach files into TheBrain these days and use external links instead as I trust Windows and Linux file systems much more than TheBrain's plex. Even a small risk of having file locations scrambled is unacceptable. With folk having added 10's of thousands of thoughts confidence in the underlying database logic is paramount. I do hope that the coming Version 8 addresses these issues although users of Version 7 (not on the combo plan) deserve updates to address key stability and faulty/missing advertised features.

I feel for artcanadianstyleo who has relied on cloud synchronisation to have copies of a production brain in three locations only to find all 3 are scrambled and corrupt. This is a nightmare scenario and ultimately tells us that Windows, Apple and Linux system backup routines are more essential than ever if we use TheBrain
bmac
How does one delete the webbrain from within TheBrain
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
zenrain
You have to go online to do it, as far as I'm aware it can't be done from the brain list in TheBrain.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software