rengel
I'm sure, many use link types (i.e. marriedTo, belongsTo, founderOf, owner, enemy, friend, etc.) to specify the nature of a link between thoughts.

If it were possible to attach an Icon (instead of or plus text) to a link type TheBrain would look much less cluttered.
Reinhard, TB 10.0.48.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
metta
+1

FWIW, a similar request for link note and attachments indicators was requested previously, but I don't know if this would allow for customizing the icon, which I think is great idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

In the meantime, this previous discussion does include a link to ZenRain's work-around for adding icons manually, in case it might be a help.

(I personally just use special characters as symbols for various types of links when I don't want the full text of a link name cluttering the plex.)
rengel
@metta
Thanks for the links.
I use some homemade character-based Symbols (i.e. " for quotations, >< for enemies/antagonists, or oo for married) for frequently used link types. I will try ZenRain's suggestion.
But then, links are first class citizens of TheBrain and deserve to be treated as such (i.e.; have their own representations and editors in the menus and in the toolbar).
Reinhard, TB 10.0.48.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
metta
Thanks again for your prompt feedback, Rengel.

Agree with you regarding the benefits of having more link control options.

Do let us know how things go with creating your own link icons.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software