GerSch
Checkboxes in notes is great, but...

+ If I have more then one text line, I want want to create checkboxes in one step for every line.
+ If I mark the checkbox, this line should jump to the end of the list like you can see in Google Notes.
+ I would like to change the sort order of the lines in a custom way via drag and drop.

With this features it could be an alternative way to organize tasks...
Harlan
What do you mean by:
GerSch wrote:

+ If I have more then one text line, I want want to create checkboxes in one step for every line.

As it is, when you press enter, it creates another checkbox automatically. Is that not what you are asking for?
Regards,
-Harlan
GerSch
I have a lot of templates for different checkbox entries. Therefore I use PhraseExpress (www. phraseexpress.com). I copy the words into the notes section of TheBrain like this:

First point
Second Point
Third Point
Fourth Point

Now I would like to mark all four points, click on the checkbox icon on the top and violà...

☐ First point
☐ 
Second Point
☐ 
Third Point
☐ 
Fourth Point

At the moment I must go at the beginning of every single line and set the checkbox. Sometimes I have a lot of points and... :-(

I found no way to store "points" with checkboxes from TheBrain into PhraseExpress.
korm
I assume you are on Windows.  Over here, OS X 10.11, select all and then this works:

Checkboxes.gif
GerSch
Yes, that is what I want, but on Windows when I mark all points it replaces all with one checkbox... :-(
perry
I found a bug the other day where adding checkbox into an ordered list changed them all to checkboxes [wink]
mcaton
The same functionality that Korm demonstrated is now available in the current build for Windows as well.  Basically, checkboxes now behave much more like an "un-ordered list."

Thanks,
Matt
perry
mcaton wrote:
The same functionality that Korm demonstrated is now available in the current build for Windows as well.  Basically, checkboxes now behave much more like an "un-ordered list."

for good or bad [smile] ... Is that the way it's going to stay? It's much more limited to what's available in TB8.
mcaton
I wish I could say Perry!  I, personally, like the checkbox functionality more in v9.  Whether it will stay in it's current state, get it's own button, change completely?  Heavily depends on feedback [smile]

To be clear - you'll like to ADD a checkbox to a bulleted list - rather than replace, correct?

Thanks,
Matt
perry
mcaton wrote:
To be clear - you'll like to ADD a checkbox to a bulleted list - rather than replace, correct?

I posted here some observations I was finding with current checkboxes.

I think the most important aspects is that checkboxes seem to be limited to being an unordered list (themselves). This means:
  1. Can't have checkbox at the end of a line (or anywhere apart from the beginning). For example, currently I often have an ordered list as [number] [date] [checkbox] because the date is important so gains priority being at front.
  2. Can't have checkbox as part of an HTML list (ordered is probably the most significant: as above)
I guess I can live with that, but it is a reduction in functionality / adaptability
mcaton
Perry,

I do see your point and I'll share this with the designers.

In the mean time, I've created a few checkboxes in a subset of my ordered lists.  Might be something worth trying:

1. Complete client presentation
     [ ] Gather sales reports
     [ ] Confirm dates
2. Upgrade programs
     [ ] Check subscription dates...

etc.

Might be a bit of extra work if you are used to the functionality of v8 - but it also might look nicer.

Matt
perry
mcaton wrote:
Perry,
In the mean time, I've created a few checkboxes in a subset of my ordered lists.  Might be something worth trying:

1. Complete client presentation
     [ ] Gather sales reports
     [ ] Confirm dates
2. Upgrade programs
     [ ] Check subscription dates...

etc.

Might be a bit of extra work if you are used to the functionality of v8 - but it also might look nicer.

It took me a little bit to figure out to indent as a sub-list... but that works (as a pretty work-around): thanks.
mcaton
I like the "pretty" work-around.  I think I'll use that.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software