ratthing
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I'd like to start making better use of thought and link types. 

Does anyone have pointers to a laundry list of thought and link types they use? 

Thank you!
metta
@ratthing ~

Several months ago I created a mini-demo brain with a detailed overview of how I use types and tags in TB8 (for those here in the forum who expressed an interest in knowing more). There's also a forum discussion associated with this mini-demo brain, if you are interested in a more in-depth review.

My strategy for formatting types and tags will evolve on the new brain platform in light of the fact that tags can now be nested.

In the meantime, though, this demo may provide some food for thought from someone who uses thought types quite heavily (160+ different types). [Mine is an extreme example that is probably much more than most brains users would ever want or need.] 😉

In contrast, my use of link types is much more limited, but they are still quite useful. The current link types in my megabrain include:
> To Do
> Compare
> Keep (where I want a reminder to maintain an important, but not obvious, connection)
> Temp (where the link is only temporary)
> Next (for linked thoughts in an instructional series)
> * (for links that have notes attached)

Each of these link types is color coded -- and I also have several unnamed links that are coded with high contrast colors to suggest important emphasis. In extremely dense areas of my brain I also occasionally increase the size of the links to give them visual prominence.

I also plan to use directional links quite heavily in future brain projects that are publicly shared, but it will be a while before I can do this since TB9/10 web client is currently buggy and has relatively limited functionality.

Hope this helps, and if you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

(FYI, I will out-of-town for the better part of this week, but I hope to catch up on forum posts when I return.)
ratthing
Thank you, @metta!  I actually stumbled across your demo brain a day or so ago.  Many thanks!
metta
You're very welcome, ratthing.

Hope this demo brain provides some helpful food for thought in the days ahead.

In the meantime, if you have any insights and ideas as you are working with your thought and link types, do let us know. It is always interesting to see how others choose to organize their data. 🙂
metta
@ratthing ~

In case you might be interested, here's another recent discussion about link types.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software